2nd Gen JCW 2011 Factory Alarm Going Off

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by steve@thebuddhagallery, Apr 13, 2011.

1. steve@thebuddhagallery

Apr 13, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alarm going off several times a day. Brought to MINI- they cleared system and reloaded software. It is still happening. Anyone hear of this problem? Suggestions?

2. jmatero

jmatero New Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a 2011 Mini Cooper with the alarm option from the factory. From DAY 1... if the sunroof is open or the windows are not completely shut, the alarm goes off within a minute or so of walking away from the car. This is my second Mini Cooper with the alarm and my 2008 did NOT do this.

Brought it in the first time and they said they "reset the system". No luck

Brought it in the second time and they said everything is operating as it should and they gave me the instructions for deactivating the glass-break sensor by locking the car with the fob holding a button on the door or something. HOWEVER... that's not a solution... it's a work around. I didn't pay $1000 for an alarm and comfort access to bypass the alarm and lock/unlock the car with the fob in my hand. The Dealer said he's seen this before with 2011's and instructed me to call Mini Support.. which I did. They called back today and said the alarm is functioning as it should and I should manually deactivate it when locking the car. I explained this is really unacceptable and she asked what I wanted... to which I replied "the alarm to work normally".

I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point. I've owned numerous BMW's and Mini's... all with comfort access and the factory alarm... and NEVER had this issue.