Are you ready for some Football

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by docv, Aug 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Its that time of year, training camps are up and running and pre-season games are just around the corner, so who is your team and how are they gonna fare this season...

For me it's the KC Chiefs we are in the 8th year of a 3 year rebuilding strategy, but wait it is a new season everything begins anew, maybe this is the year, will know soon enough.

My prediction :idea: KC will go 10 and 6 on the season.

GO CHIEFS

2. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Football? I thought the F in F1 was for Formula. :confused5:

:D

3. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Yes, and our team is in what, the 25th year of their 5 year plan to go to the Stupor Bowl? :D

I think they will have a decent year this season, assuming all that high priced talent stays healthy, 10-6 is a distinct possibility.

I wish them all luck, but it's too damn hot out for football!

Wonder if the Ice Capades are in town? Or maybe the Hockey Fights?

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I think I am the only Texan that does not like Football.

When I was a kid my father had Colts (Baltimore) season tickets. Great seats that were wasted on me. First row, upper deck, home team side, on the 50 yard line. I was so bored at the games I'd bring a book. Later when in prep school the current owner of the Colts (Indianapolis), Jim Irsay, was attending the same school for a post graduate year to get his grades good enough to attend SMU. We lived on the same floor and he'd take us all to games in Baltimore where we got to sit on the bench. Still bored with the game but did enjoy cutting it up with the players.

Now if Dallas does make it to the Super Bowl, also to held in Dallas this year, well actually in Arlington or Irving or something like that, then I will probably act like a fan.

5. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Being from LA football is hard for me. WE DON"T HAVE A TEAM!!!! I am a Raider fan, so the past decade has been nothing but pain for me. It would be nice to have a home team to cheer for, though. But with Al Davis throwing sticks into the spokes of any wheel that tries to bring a team to LA (not to mention the local politicians not being able to get out of their own way on the topic and not doing anything to make any progress since they can't figure out a way to extract a dime for themselves out of the whole mess) I am becoming less and less of a fan of the game.

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  7. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I hate this part of the year. No football, no basketball, no World Cup, no racing until the weekend. Only baseball ... lots and lots of baseball. (Don't get me wrong, I like baseball .. especially when my Rangers are in first, but April-November is a loooong season.) So yes, I am happy for football, though not looking forward to having my Cowboys crush my hopes for another SB title.

Oh, and 10-6 for KC? Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha....

8. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
  9. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I look forward to the start of football season, only becase the weather gets cooler. I use to follow it, back in the day when they actually played the game. The defensive team would come off the field, the offencive team would go on and maybe three players switched. Now there are special teams for what ever yard line they are on and the last three minutes can last two hours. :crazy:

Jim

10. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I predict the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will take the Grey Cup.

Mark

11. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I'll be in San Diego in a few weeks, does all that come with my hotel room???

Mark

12. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, locals only. And in San Diego it's Mitsubishis and almost sixes from Target. :devil:

13. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I'm really not a fan either. I started playing when I was eight and went all the way through my senior year of high school. Football is a game of 2-3 second bursts of action followed by long periods of waiting. I realized just how much little action there is in a football game when we would watch the game films. A two hour game would take twenty minutes to watch minus all of the huddles and time between snaps. After high school I found Rugby and played until I was 36 when my ankle just couldn't take any more. Rugby for me is the greatest sport, 40 minute halfs of non-stop organized chaos.

14. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Now dont smash my hopes onto the rocks so soon, gimmie a chance to at least think something good may happen...:prrr:

15. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Can I get 2 of each? That way if I wear one out I have a fall back.

Mark

16. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Sure. But you have to be there on Tuesday for Target's Two for Tuesday sale.

17. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I'll get there Friday, but I'm there for 10 days, so I'll likely need the Tuesday deal:Thumbsup:

Mark

18. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I know this might seem to make no sense, but I like football a lot more now that I no longer care who wins. I just hope for games with good action on both sides and root for whoever is behind. Gotta love a good comeback.

Of course I'm with Batrugger on the lack of action bit (at least it's not baseball...). That's why I usually don't watch games live so I can fast-forward through useless commentary, half-time shows, etc.

Given I live in Redskins country it's probably a good thing that I don't mind if the local team loses...