Exterior 1st Gen ARRRGH!

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by yellowbritishrocket, Jan 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. yellowbritishrocket

yellowbritishrocket Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    had it been me driving and not my family this idiot would have probably been eating the grill of his S10....basically my brother was driving my car as a monthly thing to keep her fresh and not let her stagnate while i am deployed....he was pulling into a gas station near my aunts house and some jackhole in a s10 blazer wasnt paying attention...in fact my brother saw him just before he hit and this moron wasnt even looking forward...and well....the pic says it all
    photo.jpg

it seems everything is running ok still however since the insurance company this kid has it paying for it im having the whole rear section looked at to make sure nothing got shifted or cracked...i want no nasty suprises

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to see that. At least he has insurance.....

3. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that officially sucks. Glad to hear the kid had insurance. +10 points for taking a careful look before agreeing to repairs as well. I hope you get your Mini back in perfect condition.

4. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Dude...nothing hurts more than a mindless careless mouth breather wrecking your ride...
    Sorry to hear...and see it...
    Hope its all good...

5. that sucks!! did the guy in the red truck at least say sorry??

6. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hang tough YBR
    hope you r MINI is perfect when you come home to drive it!!
    boxcars

7. yellowbritishrocket

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    actually he was more scared because my brother got out of the driver seat and proceeded to chew his a$$ out...it was some teenage punk....when they were waiting for the cops to show up to take the report some kid comes driving up out of nowhere saying he saw the whole thing and it was my brothers fault...come to find out it was a friend of this kid and he came flying over from a walmart 2 blocks down to say this...but my brother being my brother....he is about as tall as me and stockier plus an explosive temper jumped down his friends throat and he quickly beat feet....i guess they were expecting some short person or girl to get out of the car not some 6+ foot pissed off sailor haha....needless to say my brother was not found at fault for it as he was not cited by the police but the kid was so the insurance process shouldnt take long...but like i said had it been me in the car i wouldnt have said anything...i would have dragged him out of the car and ran his head through his grille

f***ing @**lug

8. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Good thing it was your brother then... :D

9. yellowbritishrocket

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    actually had it not been for my brothers gf in the car with him he prolly would have done the same...my family freaked because they knew i would flip out and i did...i was seeing red...she said she could only imagine the things i was wanting to do to that idiot based on the fact that every other word out of my mouth would have had to been censored

10. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It's never too late to stuff that S10 grille up the guy's bum when you get home!

11. yellowbritishrocket

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    lol true....HOLD ON TO YOUR LUG NUTS BOY ITS TIME FOR AN OVERHAUL!

12. yellowbritishrocket

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    well finally after getting on my family enough they got in contact with geico...after faxing the police report and the power of attorney it was geico's determination my family and by proxy myself...are not at fault and they are going after state farm for repair costs...its going for an estimate tuesday

13. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hard to tell from the photo, but does the dent reach to the door, or is it just the rear quarter panel? (I think that's a quarter panel)

Can't wait to hear the estimate. If the door's not damaged and it's just the rear panel, I'll guess $3005. (The $5 is for a new roll of vinyl for the beltline.)

14. yellowbritishrocket

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    acutally if thats the case ill just get the dry carbon beltline or a flat black one from lyle

and yes the damage does go to the driver side door....but the other thing is that they smacked the rear wheel...it only looks like they hit the tire but still...so i told my family they had better do a thorough estimate...interior..exterior...suspension and underbody...i want no nasty suprises waiting for me when i get home

15. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to see this. But you can't really blame the dude. That MINI is damn near invisible. Why didn't you get a more visible color?
    ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Only a nimrod "doesn't see" a yellow car right in front of him....

Hope all turns out OK.

16. Eric@Helix

Eric@Helix New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 4, 2009
    Shepherd
    Philadelphia
    Ratings:
    +1,257 / 0 / -0
    Stay on top of this one, Rocket: I've seen where a driver is cited by the police, and contrary to all logic, their insurance company tries to deny the claim. Just be sure that you have an advocate stateside so you don't get railroaded.

17. yellowbritishrocket

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    my family is on top of it...they have already talked to my insurance company and it helps when my parents have been with geico now for almost 30 yrs i think...geico after getting all the info have decided to go after the kids insurance company but i have full comp/coll/uninsured motorist protection plus i have never filed a claim in the almost 9 yrs i have been with them but yea no prob i have my dad on top of it