B-Spec Official Camber Plates arrived!

Discussion in 'B-Spec MINI' started by Blainestang, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the B-Spec parts have started to ship! I ordered the Camber Plates (Vorshlag) from MINI of Charleston as soon as they sent out the Parts List email, and I just got these today:

[​IMG]

I won't be campaigning a B-Spec car anytime really soon, but I'm planning to buy some of the B-Spec parts through the official channels so if I ever DO decide to do it, it will be a much smoother/cheaper process.

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Very nice, looks just like the aftermarket ones save the red.

3. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, they look to be really high quality. I'm impressed with the construction.

You're right. The plates are the same ones that Vorshlag sells already. However, they have extra parts/hardware to ADD to their stack height. B-Spec requires a certain rocker panel height, and even at max height on the KW V1s, the car is a little too low, so they built some extra height into the plates.

That said, I plan to install mine without the extra height adjustment parts because I don't have to meet that minimum height requirement for now.

I'm waiting to hear back from Vorshlag on exactly what the parts/installation difference is. I'll post that info on my website where I'm keeping track of B-Spec developments and such once I have it. I'm trying to get as much B-Spec MINI info together in one place as possible.

4. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Nice stuff, Blain. You coming up for Helenblitz or MotD?

5. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, and yeah, I'll be at MOTD. You finally decide to come? :biggrin5: