Better get out the Craftsman underwear.....

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by TGS91, Jan 23, 2011.

1. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww-1NK1IrKQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww-1NK1IrKQ[/ame]

Turn up the volume. ACHTUNG BABY!!!

2. Ernesto

Ernesto Club Coordinator

May 16, 2009
    Oracle DBA
    Skokie Ill
    Ratings:
    +657 / 0 / -0
    Wow.. Is that really what life is like in the fast lane?

Very cool that cars actually move over when someone comes up on them (since I hardly ever see that around here). Kinda spooky seeing such a huge speed difference between the quick and slow cars.

3. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it seems this odd thing goes on in Europe, they actually use the rear view mirror and evacuate the left lane when someone wants to go faster....really refreshing....

Notice one of those 'slow' cars was a BMW 5 series? (granted a 5 can be dogged but....)

4. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    That 2:37 worth of video cost around $17 US in gas:crazy:

Mark

5. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Actually the left lane is Germany is designated as a passing lane and is not for traveling. The Germans also have to take two years worth of driver's education starting when they are sixteen and then are able to get their license after they turn eighteen. Staying out of the left lane and moving over for faster cars is heavily stressed and is one of the things along with passing on the right that the Polizei actually issue citations for. I spent three and half years there driving on the autobahn and it was really a horrible adjustment driving the freeways here after I came back.

6. kent kanipe

kent kanipe New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Retired
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    In 1962 I was driving a new beetle on an autobahn heading I believe to Italy. I'm checking my mirror cause after all I was a "speeding" 16 yr. old. Way, way back there is this white car and no police, OK, all is well. In seconds too few to count a white streak passes in such a blur I never knew just what kind of car it was. Lots of lessons we get when we are young.

Kent

7. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Probably still waiting for the idiots here to get out of your way... Actually, I call them Obliviots. They are doing everything but paying attention to driving.

Sux.

8. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    i drive about 40 miles each way to and from work and its amazing how many people dont pay attention when they drive

9. david in germany

david in germany New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks like my morning commute...
    In reality, the Golf and the BMW 5 series would have seen the mini FAST approaching and just sat there in the left lane just prove dominance. Although Illegal I would have had to pass both of them on the right if I wanted to get past them as they both would not have moved for the Mini.

10. david in germany

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    By the way, I should receive my dash cam in the next couple of days.
    I'll post up a few vids when it is installed.

11. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I spent six years over there and David is right. Certain type cars won't get out of the way for other type cars, if the driver believes that car to be beneath his. Another thing that moves them over is the car approaching from the rear is flashing their headlights like crazy. They are not as friendly as you might think. If you really what to set one of them off, don't use your middle finger, but point repeatedly to the side of your head. :cornut:

Jim

12. david in germany

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is also a punishable offense and can get pretty expensive.
    I choose to act like I am simply a really happy person and wave to them like they are a celebrity. :lol:
    That really confuses them. :cornut:

13. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    The fast lane road blocker and those folks that creep down an entrance ramp to the highway and then hit their brakes and look for on coming traffic at the very end of the ramp are my two biggest peeves about other drivers... :(

14. RllyDrvrIX

RllyDrvrIX New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Off to change my shorts....

I love how the passes are made before the slower car completes the lane change.

I only wish folks in the US had that much left-lane courtesy..... sad.

15. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0

16. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0

Along with those the ones who bother me are the Klingons - they hook themselves to your back bumper and you can't shake them! This morning I had a woman in an Acura on my bumper, I just eased down on the gas till we were going about 95 and still she's there - finally she looked down at her speedo and she backed off in a hurry! I put about a mile between us before I slowed down again. I don't speed, but this woman pushed me over the edge this morning. Oh yeah, she was on the phone the whole time....:incazzato:

17. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    ...and why do they want to ride in the left lane right in your blind spot? Its like they have mentally adhered to you and will not do as the great number three used to say: "lead, follow or get the *flock out of the way."

* Word was edited for family consumption.

18. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Perfect example of looking WAY DOWN the road while driving. Wish more drivers did this instead of simply looking at the nice hood ornament on their car.