2nd Gen R55 Clubman Brake Lights Staying On

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by bugeye1031, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Guest - Welcome to the new Motoring Alliance Site! Steve, MCS02 and I were up until the early hours this morning working to get it done... as you can see it took us a bit longer than expected to get Phase 1 up and running. We are not 100% there.. its a journey. For site updates, "How Do I" and feedback please use the Announcements, How Do I, Feedback Forum (Links below). Like building a car.... its never done... and thanks for your patience

Site Announcements "How Do I" Feedback
  1. bugeye1031

bugeye1031 New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Not sure what's going on here. The brake lights (third light and both lower lights) are staying on from the first time I use them until I lock the car.

It's been raining a lot here, so from reading other posts I probably should check the Body Control Module....but I don't know where it is....how do you get to it?

What else should I do?

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    I'd be suspect of the brake light switch sticking before the Body Control Module.

I'd also guess that being a Clubman it is still under warranty meaning a trip to the dealer would be in order to let them take a look.

Welcome to M/A too!

3. bugeye1031

bugeye1031 New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Thanks for the reply and wamr welcome Nathan. Unfortunately, it's out of warranty - I have 60,000 miles on it. I'll check the brake switch - that makes sense.

4. bugeye1031

bugeye1031 New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    They stay on from the time I insert the key to when I take the key out.

5. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    60,000 miles but when was it put in service? I would still go to the dealer and see if they can help you with repairing for free as a policy adjustment. They have the latitude to do that. Be extra nice:donut1:

6. rlw

rlw New Member

May 31, 2011
    Brake Light Problem

It's probably a stuck brake light switch. I suffered from this about 3 months ago and just today it re-occurred. The local dealer is gonna be getting a call first thing tomorrow...

-RW-