2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Breathing sound associated with idle drop

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Stuartfwl, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Stuartfwl

Stuartfwl New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dearest intellectual base of MINI owners I have a question about an odd breathing sound coming from the PCV assembly above the valve cover. I had my turbo replaced about 6 months ago and noticed a very very slight idle drop. Well, fast forward to this week. All week long my idle has been dropping considerably while at complete idle. Sometimes it sounds as if it is about to die but she catches her breath. I popped the hood and found that this idle dip was occurring in tandem with a breathing sound under on the valve cover. Any ideas as to what is going on here? Thank you in advance for any information that could help me solve this issue.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    It sounds like a vacuum leak. Make sure all the lines are attached and there are no cracks in any of them. Also have you checked to see if it is showing any codes?

3. Stuartfwl

Stuartfwl New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Checked

I was trying to isolate the sound to specifically understand where it is coming from but it appears to be coming from beneath the first cover of the valve cover. Anyone know how to remove this?