Build your own engine option

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Nathan, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    GM is now allowing people to build the motor that will go in the customers Z06 or ZR1 Corvette.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PlzktN4Ql4]YouTube - Corvette Engine Build Experience -- Experience the LS9 Build (HD)[/ame]

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    That's a unique marketing tool. If you're already shelling out the bucks for a Z06 or ZR1 another $490 would be worth it. I highly recommend taking a tour of the Corvette Museum if you're ever in the Bowling Green, Ky area.

3. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Sounds sweet, but $5800.00 to work on your own engine..... Just give me the ZR1 with the engine builders name on it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I was just thinking about this after looking into a few "build your own motorcycle" kits. You'd really gain a great understanding and pride in your car if you spent the time to assemble the engine from the ground up. Pretty cool in my books :Thumbsup:

5. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    This is not a NEW CONCEPT... in the 60's and early 70's the big Detroit STEEL AMERICAN MUSCLE CARs could be factory ordered as a race ready option with your own engine transmission and rear end configuration. EPA of the late 70's and on squashed that.
    They were often sold with a disclaimer for Off Road sanction racing...LOL but you could register them anyway.

My personal favorite and a appreciative past owner was the 1969 Dodge Dart GTS 440

Musclecarclub.com - Dodge Dart - History - Part II

You can view Ford Fairlanes, and Chevy Corvettes,Camaros etc on many websites.

Oh Andrew I will build you a custom MINI engine and place a special build number and your name on the Engine Block with your Stance Design wrenches CNC'd in the head.
    Anytime! :lol: