1st Gen Camera and data logging

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by RonsMinnie, Jul 14, 2010.

1. RonsMinnie

RonsMinnie New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 28, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  2. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    We've been using and selling the Go Pro Cameras. I've actually talked with them about mating it up with some data logers and they are working on it. I know of one company that has started working with them, but haven't seen a retail application yet. But I think they will eventually get it going, but they are selling these cameras so fast I think they are a little busy.
    I've got the Cameras in stock if you want one.
    Go Pro HD Camera - Way Motor Works

3. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    #3 Minidave, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    I don't think a helmet cam in a car is the way to go, especilly on the street - you turn your head to many times and too quickly, it would be easy to get motion sickness trying to watch that video.

Just my 2c

I have friends who run in NASA and they use a regular tape type vid cam, plus a data logger like track mate. The software that comes with the trackmate allows you to integrate and synchronize it with your video. Don't ask me how, cause I haven't done it myself, but I've seen my friend's vids and it's pretty cool to have the little track map with the moving dot to show where you are on the track, along with all the other data like RPM, friction circle, percentage of brake or throttle application and so on - plus the view out the windshield and/or back with the sound of the engines.

If you like I'll find one and post up the link so you can see how it looks...

[ame="http://vimeo.com/11619257"]Untitled on Vimeo[/ame]