1st Gen Cars and Coffee 10.1.2

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by MaxN, Jan 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MaxN

MaxN New Member

May 14, 2009
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The first Cars and Coffee of 2010 had a great turn out. The weather was nice and we had a great time as always. Hope you guys enjoy the pics from the three of us !

This weeks pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As always you can see more @ CNCpics.com

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Max, another amazing set.

Thanks for sharing!!

3. MaxN

MaxN New Member

May 14, 2009
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We had a bit of a 'crowd control' issue this week.

A lot of people were sitting on the curb in the 'prohibited' area over the street.

The area is roped off because that it is the area that cars are likely to impact the curb/grass/hedge if/when they leave a little sideways.

Sitting on the curb is a surefire way to lose your feet or legs or life. Sitting on the curb in front of the roped off area is beyond stupid. Maybe it is Darwinian, but I would rather the event was able to continue without death and dismemberment of idiots.

Once the cops moved to the middle of the street this week the stupid exits stopped and then many people moved. Which was not only self defeating but seemingly showed that the main reason that people were sitting there was to be killed by an out-of-control Mustang.

it is important that we, the spectators, follow the rules else the event will be shut down.

Please obey the wishes of the organizers, no burnouts, no sideways exits, no showboating, no sitting/standing in the prohibited areas and no sitting on curbs. It is not your safety that I care about, but the safety of the event :)

4. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Max, I don't know how you do it with all the awesome machinery!

Had my 18 mo old nephew in this last weekend and he is trully the 'drool machine' probably seconded only by you and your mates looking at all those great rides! :D

5. MaxN

MaxN New Member

May 14, 2009
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The three contributors to cncpics.com all walk the lot together from time to time and often have to drag each other away from various cars.

Luckily our tastes and styles are all very different so at least one of use gets the others to move else we would get stuck on that '68 Camero or '69 Boss or......

Oh and I forgot this shot - one of my faves this week

[​IMG]

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    After all the troubles with the S2K crowd last year, are they still having to limit who can exhibit?

How are they doing it (selecting exhibitors) if they are?

7. MaxN

MaxN New Member

May 14, 2009
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dave,

Mostly there is no need for selection.

If a substantial number of 'the same car' arrives though the later arrivals will be asked politely to park in the public lot. As far as I know this has only happened a couple of times recently.

Also there are a couple of drivers that are turned away because they are douchebags.

The major difference now is that there is a weekly police presence and 'order' is maintained really well (unless the cops are too busy drinking coffee and eating donuts and forget to park outside.)

This week we had several very rapid exits, one driver may have a problem as the cops wrote down his plate# and his exit is what prompted the cruiser to be moved to outside the event.

The cop presence has also lowered the douchebag presence substantially. Obviously the rumors that the cops are wandering around looking for illegal skylines or other 'shady' cars has helped too.

There were too many people there this week and way too many standing/sitting in prohibited areas. Hence my request.

8. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Nice that the event has gone more back to the way it was, and wanted.....

In Dallas, they adjust the start time of the event based on time of year/temp, and it's nice that when the sun doesn't get up till 7:30 or so they start later. When it's bloody hot in the summer, they start/end earlier.......

When I went to the Dallas event, there were a number of people who just had to make an exhibition of accelleration - and I have to say, if they don't get stupid, it's kinda fun to watch them go. Funny too how it was the Mustang, Covette and Camaros who were the worst offenders - getting sideways and smoking the tires, where most of the exotics just **** and git.

There was one new ZR1 tho, who was simply amazing how in fast that car accelerated with absolutely no drama - sounded bad to the bone too! I know it's wrong, but it was fun to watch!

Another difference for the Dallas event is that they're pulling out of the parking lot onto a fast moving frontage road that ultimately dumps straight onto a 6 or 8 lane hiway, so the chances of them hitting anyone or another car are pretty limited.....