Classic Mini Fun Run - the 4th!

Discussion in 'Classic Mini' started by Minidave, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    #1 Minidave, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Update 9/22/2014

As the title suggests, we're on our 4th run, every year it's grown - we have 9 committed drivers at this point! We're in the preliminary planning stages, but a date has been chosen, so mark your calendars and come along if you can.....

November 13-16, 2014

Right now the plan is to meet in Springdale, Arkansas and run the roads of northwestern Arkansas. I've been down many of these roads and like the area around Steelville, they're smooth, mostly traffic free and twisty and hilly and FUN to drive! Our host city is still open, also considering Eureka Springs among others.

Right now we have:

MiniDave - Mini Clubman Estate Champagne Beige
    Dimini - Mini P'up Chili Red
    MiniManiac - Mini Cooper Blue
    DW - Mini Cooper S Red
    BK - Mini Cooper Pepper white
    JS - Mini Cooper S :BRG
    DP - Mini Cooper Blue
    MiniX2 - Mini Cooper White

Update 9/22/2014

I have a block of 10 rooms reserved at the same hotel the MINIs in the Ozarks group uses - the Best Western in Eureka Springs, and they gave us the same rate as they did for the larger group - $99 for a king bed - they also have rooms with 2 queen beds available too. You must make your reservation by Oct 13th in order to guarantee a room in this group and at this rate. When you call use "Mini Fun Run" as the group name...or refer to my name as the one who booked the group.

http://www.innoftheozarks.com/

800-814-8307

2. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Really? No other classic Mini owners in Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma who want to come down for a weekend of hooning about the hills of northwestern Arkansas?

We're gonna have a great time!

3. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Less than 2 weeks till we head off for Arkansas!

Weather is looking great, this time of year it's usually cool and sunny and the traffic is very light - perfect time to hit the roads for a fun drive in a classic!

I fired Buzz up today for the first time since I pulled the engine for a new clutch and it started first turn of the crank. I let it warm up and the hoses to the front cooler got warm as well as the heater - and nothing leaked!

4. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Update - Event Cancelled!

They're forecasting rain, ice then snow all weekend Nov13-16 in Eureka Springs, and I'm not up for that in a MINI, let alone a Mini so we canceled this event.