Racing MINIs BMW CCA Club Race School at Eagles Canyon

HPDE_YesIFit.jpg
When Bruce Heersink first posted the information for the Club Racing School on MetroplexMINI.org, I was immediately intrigued. I got some advice...
By YesIFit · Mar 4, 2018 ·
  1. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  2. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    :Thumbsup:

Great article !

3. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nice. I have heard nothing but great comments about BMWCCA race schools. I will definitely attend one if I ever finish my car.

4. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. It was a great experience, and definitely worth the $$$ (Actually, it was almost worth it just for the track time. It was only $100 more than a "typical" DE down here, but there was probably twice the amount of actual on-track time.)

The only downside is that, honestly, by the end of day two, we were going so fast, so close, and pushing so hard, I almost became a little uncomfortable knowing that I was in my DD, and didn't have a harness or my DefNder on. So, I've started the search for a car to slowly build into a dedicated track car.

5. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Why not just use the Lemons car?

6. btwdriver

btwdriver New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Our lemons car is as far away from a real race car as a Cessna is from an F16. That and the thing is a ticking time bomb, the front main bearing is just screaming to blow oil all over the track. Taking it out with other POS cars is one thing, putting it on the track with real cars is extremely poor form.

7. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #7 YesIFit, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    Pretty much what Brian just said above. I thought about it at one point (first thing was going be swapping in a M52 out of a 328i and switch it over to OBD-I) and was going to, hopefully, make it into a Spec e36. But, after thinking it over, and talking to some people more experienced than me, I think I'm going to buy a car, slowly build it into a dedicated track/DE car, then eventually transition it over to a NASA/CCA Club Racer.

Unfortunately, because of my height, Spec Miata (which is very popular down here) is out of the equation.

8. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha. Cool article, thanks for the writeup.