2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Clutch Brake Bleed/DSC Warning Light

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by thinkinmini, Apr 2, 2012.

1. thinkinmini

thinkinmini New Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So I've just finished replacing my clutch and flywheel, and now my car is flashing a warning about the DSC needing to be adjusted by the dealer or something. It says in the Bentley this is normal, and the dealer needs to reset the steering calibration with the DSC or something. Is this costly, and I assume I should get an alignment before I do this? Also, do you need a power bleeder to do the clutch and brake bleed? I accidently depressed the slave cylinder rod so now my pedal is very spongy, and I definitely need to bleed the clutch and I might as well change all the fluid while I'm at it. Thanks everyone.

2. k-huevo

k-huevo Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Pipe Creek, Texas
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    Having to Reset the steering calibration is not normal, it means you deviated from proper procedure.

An alignment is not needed after only dropping the subframe.

The clutch and brakes can be gravity bled if you have the time and pay attention to the reservoir level; pump/press/open/hold/release can be used with the brakes, but not the clutch slave. Just depressing the slave rod will not give a spongy pedal.