2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Convenience entry question...

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Twistee, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Twistee

Twistee New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I bought a used '07 MCS this week with premium, sport and convenience packages. Love it!

I believe the car is equipped for the convenience entry feature. It has the little black thumb buttons on each door handle.

I guess this feature has not been enabled, cause I have to use the unlock button on the round keyfob to unlock, and I have to put the fob in the slot before pressing the start button.

I have read thru the manual for indication that this feature needs to be enabled or programmed, no joy. So what's the deal? Can I enable this myself thru the set/info menus in the trip computer thingie, or does it need to be programmed by MINI??

Also, in the manual, 'comfort opening' is described as opening the windows and cracking the sunroof by holding the unlock button on the fob. In my case, only the windows open, the roof remains shut. Is this another selectable feature?

TIA
    Twistee

2. SK8BRD

SK8BRD New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sounds to me like the battery in the key fob is dead, or near death. Pry open the back and replace and see what happens.