Cooper Products Relaunched

Discussion in 'Classic Mini' started by Nathan, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Due to popular demand, Mike Cooper, son of the late John Cooper, has relaunched a range of Classic Mini accessories, under the Cooper Car Company name, along the lines of those previously sold by John Cooper Garages. The products were previously available from John Cooper Garages until the Cooper family began to concentrate on tuning kits and accessories for New Mini Cooper and S. The relaunch of the range was a collaboration between Mike and Mini Sport, which has manufactured much of the new range at their premises in Padiham, Lancashire.

The extensive range already includes accessories and Cooper S conversion kits and it is likely that new products will be added in the near future. Many of the items are similar to those originally sold by Cooper but with a slight twist so as not to upset collectors of the original parts. The products will be available from a number of Mini suppliers and all traders are welcome to stock the items which will come in hologrammed packaging to prove authenticity.

Speaking at the launch of the new range Mike said to MiniWorld: “I’m so pleased to be back with it again [original Mini] as it's such a part of my life and I feel as if I’m doing something I really enjoy now again.†Mini Sport’s Chris Harper is equally enthusiastic about the new venture and explained that quality control was paramount when developing the products, especially as they are associated with the legendary John Cooper. Look out for the products’ dedicated trade stand at Mini events and buy them from Mini traders and online at Cooper Car Company | John Cooper Genuine Mini Parts and Mini Accessories.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    cool website:Thumbsup:

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    My next project will be to convert my car to manual windows with those billet cranks... awesome.

4. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    I want this thick leather Cooper steering wheel for my R56 JCW. I could use all those holes in the spokes for mounting the radio and phone and cruise control buttons, right? :crazy:

[​IMG]

6. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I wish the marketing team launched the site as "the original ORIGINAL"

Now that would be a funny slap in the face to BMW. :lol: for trying to ruin mini/MINI brand.

7. yellowbritishrocket

yellowbritishrocket Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    they have to relaunch it like this because the JCW badge and name is owned by BMW so it was brought back out as the Cooper Car Co...i already ordered one of the wrinkle finish valve covers for my classic...i would go after the engine upgrade package but ive already done 3/4 of it

8. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    I think I'm going to sell my name to BMW. Profit. Then I can go by "the dude formerly known as Blimey"