CROFTGATEUSA

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by AAONMS, Mar 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AAONMS

AAONMS Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 16, 2011
    I play with trains...
    Fruit Cove, FL
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    Anyone with experience using CROFTGATEUSA detailing products?
    Went to a couple of PCA DFE Events at Roebling Road Raceway (Shameless plug: Roebling Road Raceway) earlier this year and these folks had a booth set up.
    They were detailing daily drivers as well as track cars and some folks were having their tow rigs done.
    The products seemed to do an outstanding job. One co-worker has been using this stuff on his car nearly a year and I do not see any adverse effects other that his car is consistently cleaner than is mine. His color is darker than Dark Silver, but not as dark as my Eclipse Grey and so far, I don’t see any swirls, etc…

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    #2 Dave.0, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Sorry but I have never heard of CROFTGATEUSA detailing products.
    I know a lot of detailing companies but have never heard of them.

I will / would Google them.

http://www.croftgateusa.com/ Looks like a Sham-wow like company. :lol:

Update: Just a quick search showed them as a waterless carwash type company and a lot of people are not happy with them.

Here is one guy that was fed up with them.

"Well guys and gals. I am officially done with dealing with CroftGateUSA. I'm not saying all of their products are bad, in fact Aquanil-X and Quick N' Slick were quite good. However, after dealing with their "Technical Applications Director" I no longer have any desire to give him my business.

Without diving into this too deeply, I will do my best to explain why. I have always said how much I enjoy Maguire's and their openness to other brands. The same CANNOT be said for this particular person. Almost every time I spoke with him he was insulting and putting down every other product out there. Yes, I know as a business person you have to believe in your product but that does not mean that you should spread false information about other brands just for your gain. For example, I had tested out the compatibility of UQW with Aquanil-X and told this person that they worked just fine together and that was appealing to me since it would allow me to use my UQW more often (which I adore). I actually tested out a couple products for them but my reviews fell on deaf ears. Well, he went and told customers that UQW wasn't compatible and it caused streaking. No true at all.

The final straw was when I saw a picture on CroftGateUSA's Facebook page with two Maguire's reps watching. Of course, he took the opportunity to insult Meg's and say they were "scared" and such. Now, you've gotta understand that this guy does not research any competitors and has very little knowledge about detailing in my opinion (ie he didn't know the difference between a DA, rotary and random orbital until I explained it) but I though for sure he would understand that the reasons the reps were there was because Meg's released their own waterless wash. Guess he didn't get that memo.

And as much as he insults everyone else, if you want to talk about sub par products well, look no further than CroftGateUSA's Mega-Polish. I and numerous other people I have spoken to have found it leaves severe hazing and marring under any use, hand or machine.

So anywho, the reason I stick with OPT, Ultima and especially Meguiars is because if their positive attitude towards others and thirty constant dedication to giving us a better product.

Thank and sorry for the rant! I just hope I can save some people the hassle I had of dealing with that company.

Andy "

3. AAONMS

AAONMS Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 16, 2011
    I play with trains...
    Fruit Cove, FL
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    ^ Interesting read, thanks.
    I go to the PCA Events fairly regularly to help out my co-worker. I’ll keep an eye out to see whether or not CROFTGATEUSA folks keep returning and whether or not the entrants are still pleased with the results.