Cross-Ohio LEO presence on Labor Day was...constant!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ljmattox, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ljmattox

ljmattox Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    IT consultant
    St Louis metro USA
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Just completed a run to Scranton, PA and back this past week, with a return Ohio crossing on Labor Day, my first in a while.

Six, count 'em six, blocs of speed enforcement LEO's along I-76, I-71, and I-70 in pods of 5-6. One zapper and then four or five chase cars. Very well organized. Got painted with laser at one point, or so my V1 reported.

They had MANY customers, as it turned out.

Nothing from us, we were three + one GSD in our Mazda 5, just normal nominal freeway speeds that don't attract attention.

PA and IN, not so much, one or two cars, and that was it.

So when they mentioned increased enforcement over the holidays...Ohio wasn't joking.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    LEO worked overtime big time in OH this weekend.Around the Columbus metro area there were loads of Sobriety Check Points too.

They have to announce where they will be along the hours they will be operational ahead of time. They don't hide it either. You can find the info in the newspaper, online in a zillion places and on the TV news. Get caught drinking and driving you have to really earn it. Sadly, many do.

3. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Should have traveled on Sunday, went from Louisville to mid Mo and only saw two all day, matter of fact traffic was very light all the way home. :D

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    That's why I always run the V1. Excellent LEO detection.

5. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I have found that the speedometer is a built in LEO deflector. Five or ten over keeps them away. :)

Jim

6. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Ohio is NOTORIOUS for Draconian speed enforcement. A great place to "set it and forget it". Going 10 MPH over the speed limit instead of 5MPH over... all the way across Ohio, if your bladder can stand it... saves less than 12 minutes. And with the Mini speedo as "optimistic" as it is, set it at 75 and nobody will bother you.

And no, I do not drive like your grandma.

7. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Driving through Ohio when going down south is like being frozen in time because the speed limits are so stinkin' low. Did I mention the never ending flat farm land is sure to induce a zombie like stare out the windshield from all those inside the car? Top that off with their notorious d1ckhead cops that love to prey on those with Michigan plates. Good thing they're spending so much money on issuing speeding tickets instead of other productive police work.

8. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I for one appreciate that they target the riffraff coming out of Michigan. You should be fined for littering for just stepping out of your car!

I'm an alumni of tOSU and I approve this message. ;)