2nd Gen R56 Cooper Dealer Service Plan?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by cooper1, May 5, 2011.

1. cooper1

cooper1 New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    I am receiving my 2007 mini this weekend and was wondering what a dealer service plan included. Mine comes with a plan valid through 2013. Is that good for just oil changes or do they also change cabin filter, etc? Anyone knows? I called the dealer service folks but they were not very clear, only told me something about an annual oil change...

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    The dealer should have given you a MINI warranty and service information booklet when you purchased the vehicle. Did you check the folder in the glove compartment. It will list things covered.
    Mine's an 09..... Don't know if yours is the same.
    In addition to oil and filter changes.... And while it under warranty they will replace the following if only due to normal wear and tear
    Brake pads
    Rotors
    External drive belts
    Clutch
    Wiper blade inserts
    and any adjustments necessary.

3. cooper1

cooper1 New Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am buying from a private seller so I do not have that paperwork yet. It is a 2007 but the seller had purchased a service plan valid through 2013 and I was wondering what that was exactly.

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    So it's a transfer of the remaining warranty and service plan?
    The dealer should be able to tell you what has been done to the car while it was maintained under the previous owner.

Probably the major things to look at is the oil change and filter, the antifreeze, the brake fluid change (2 years recommended). Oh, and do check the current oil level and stick with synthetic oil. Is it a Justa or an S? Owner's manual suggests high test, real gasoline (not the stuff made from corn squeezings).

5. ke4sfq

ke4sfq Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Technology Coordinator for a School District
    Florence, AL
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Along these lines, do you know if the service warranty covers spark plugs? I have the JCW Tunning which requires new ones every 30k and its due. I'll find out soon enough but just wondering.

Kevin