2nd Gen R56 Cooper Dilemma

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by bfdl, Mar 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bfdl

bfdl New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have owned three MINIs and I currently own two. My wife has a 2011 MINI Cooper with an automatic transmission, and the 2009 MINI Cooper I bought her thinking I could teach her to drive it. The dilemma is with the 2009.

Within two months of getting the 2011, the 2009's clutch went out. This is with only 20,000 miles on it. Even though the warranty on the car is still in effect, it specifically excludes the clutch. This is a repair that is going to cost $1500 just for the parts, and I don't have it. It will take months to get it. At least all the vehicles are paid for.

I have a truck that runs and the newer mini, so it's not like I'm without wheels. I'm just wondering what to do with the broken one. It pains me that it is just sitting there.

Any suggestions on how best to proceed?

2. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    #2 iwashmycar, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    I swore people have gotten clutch replacements under warranty!? You may want to research that a bit more. There are some dealers that are a pleasure to work with and some that are nightmares... might be good to research as well. If you need to take it further away for a free clutch it would obviously be well worth it! At least act on it if you are still within the 3 Years!

Dont like to link NAM threads over here, but I couldnt find anything better...

From the first response:
    http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/178737-clutch-not-covered-under-warranty.html