Discount Tire - Easton

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by Nathan, May 10, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    On the way back from MOTD I noticed a little vibration in the front tires it has been about 4k miles since they the tires had been rotated. Took to MINI over to Discount Tire in Easton as I figured they would have a bit more experience over there with high line cars than the one down in Grove City. Being I buy the majority of my tires from Discount I get free balance and rotate, so while the initial purchase price might be a little more than Tire Rack it comes out in the long run with the extra services plus I have a local tire guy now too.

They were busy but still got to me quick as I am used to from the once I've dealt with in the Dallas area. Met the manager and discussed my ongoing needs and the possibility of setting up a discount program for MoM folks. Thats all in the works now, stay tuned for news on that front.

The guys in the shop went ape over my car, loved the wheels and thought my tire choice was great. They were gentle and careful with everything. They kept me informed, checked what I wanted for tire pressure and verified the torque settings for the lug nuts.

All in all they were great. It did not take long and they were conscientious in what they were doing. I'd give Tim and his crew at Discount Tire Easton 2 thumbs up.

2. Person Moved On

Person Moved On New Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    #2 Person Moved On, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    That's good to hear!

Upon further review... I've decided we're talking bout 2 diff companies...
    oh well, my comment still stands... I'm just dumb today.

I've always had good luck with Tire Discounters down here in Cincinnati.
    Bought my all-weather winter tires this year and they were also pretty worked up about the Clubbie.

If you get that discount I may have to road trip for tires!

3. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I know one of the guys who works at the one in Hilliard he does a lot of AutoX and is building a spec Miata. Now if only they did allignments!

4. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    Discount Tire has been my "go to" place for a long time. Glad to hear they are awesome in the mid-west as well. :Thumbsup:

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I've used the Discount Tire store in Hilliard & the one in Lewis Center, both have been great with service. They will match Tire Racks prices so for me it is a no brainer. Local is always better for tires. If you have a problem it is not a huge hassle, it gets taken care of easily.

Thanks Nathan! Let us know how the donut discount works. :)

6. OvrBstN

OvrBstN New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    USAF
    Delaware Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I used to work for the lewis center and hillard store. It really is a great company I will always use them. Glad to here there still doing good business!

7. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear. Another excellent option closer to you is E.T. Paul on Parsons. Always the most excellent service there. Just had them put on a set of tires for me yesterday :cornut: