Brakes Wheels 2nd Gen Tires Donut tire for '09 Clubman S

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by cjo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. cjo

cjo New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone suggest a place in Pittsburgh area where I can purchase a donut tire for Clubman S '09? I just switched to non-run flats and have tire mobiliy kit in car now too. But, thought it good idea to carry a donut spare just in case of major blow out, etc.

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Something like this at Detroit Tuned?

MINI Spare Tire Kit - Detroit Tuned

3. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut:In my opinion, you're very wise to dump the run flats. You're dropping unsprung weight which, essentially, 'tightens up' the suspension and ,of course the quieter/smoother ride. Now get some 14lb OZ Allegerettes and.......................oh another story. Back to the doughnut. I don't know about Pittsburgh but, Minimania.com has the doughnut(don't know whether they are site sponsor or not but some one will put you onto a site sponsor if they're not). However, due to break clearance etc, it only fits on the rear. So, your jack raises the entire side of the car. If you have a front flat, with entire side of car jacked up, put rear tire on front and doughnut on rear and off to the service station(service station, that gives away my elderly age:lol:). Or get those replacement light wheels and keep one of the old tires on an old wheel and you have a real spare. Mine fits nicely in the boot(R56) between the rear strut tower brace(vendor's description, purests state"it isn't even near the rear strut tower!" Oh Well) and the boot hatch in a tire bag to protect boot and contents. Any way, that's what I did.:Thumbsup:

Jason:popcorn::popcorn:

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
  5. Onionjello

Onionjello New Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    While I applaud your effort, for this lazy old guy that is just way more than I would do. It is a very good write up & I'm sure it will help those with ambition. :Thumbsup:

7. sanka

sanka New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Spring, Texas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to replace RFT's on 2012 Countryman. We have 17" wheels. What all is affected by wheel diameter on this car? Is there less tire and perhaps a harsher ride with 18" wheels? Are their opinions on the optimum wheel/tire size for this FWD, non-turbo? Especially regarding road noise, but at no sacrifice to drive-ability. We had RFT's on an AWD Sienna in Michigan and used Yokohama Avid in summer and RFT snow tires in winter(RFT snow tires were less than a $100). There's room in Sienna 3rd row seat-well for a full-size spare. Now in Houston, so maybe a sticky summer tire would work year-round on the R60? Any advice on non-RFT replacement tire/wheel, brand/size?