drPhil's new car

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by drPhilGandini, Nov 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. drPhilGandini

drPhilGandini MINI of the Month May 2009

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, having gotten over parting with my little dose of Lithium (it now rests in the safe hands of Jose P. up in Washington state,) I have been learning how to drive my new toy: Porsche Cayman S.

Here's the easiest way to learn--driving it on the track:

[​IMG]

Another shot, but going fast enough to deploy the rear spoiler (above 75mph):

[​IMG]

These "coffee, cars and chile" days at Sandia MotorSpeedway don't require helmets... gotta love America!

2. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Nice

After attending the local PCA's HPDE I get to run with many and ride in a couple of the Caymen's and you gotta nice ride

3. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    I'm jealous, I want a Cayman, but just can't afford it, and I'm the MINI guy so it would be wrong.

4. drPhilGandini

drPhilGandini MINI of the Month May 2009

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Waylen, it would be so wrong...:D
    But you should seek one out and take a drive if the owner will allow you to hang it out a little. I'd say it's one of the most composed cars on the planet. It takes a lot to make it behave badly. A little too much understeer for a track (especially the tight 14 turn track at Sandia), but otherwise it's a finely balanced, powerful-enough, lots of feedback, great-sounding sports car.
    The car is presently bog stock. (Well, a few modifications, but nothing to change the way it drives on the track.)

I was fitting some wheel spacers this weekend and I just sat in awe for a minute--the wheels are BBS, the brakes are Brembos. All this OEM on a Porsche. When I was a Mini owner, I dreamed of those brands...

5. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    funny that when those brands come standard, we still need to 'mod' and upgrade :lol:

6. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Wow! And you did the "S". That's gotta be fun :cornut: For those prices and speed it better come with top of the line stuff :cool: