F/S: JCW Sparco seats

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by works4me, Jun 3, 2010.

1. works4me

works4me New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Real JCW-branded (with logo) Sparco seats shipped from Europe. They were on my Mini for approx. 3 years. Originally $2200+.

Good condition.

Brey-kraus (sp?) fire extinguisher bracket included for free.

Asking $500 for the pair. Shipping not included.

(note: pictures are grainy due to low light)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Edge

Edge New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Annandale, VA (near Wash. DC)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I WILL TAKE THEM.

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I will take them if edge falls out. Money in hand.

4. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    3rd in line. Why does this seem to good to be true???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Sighs........late to the party again......5th, for what it's worth

7. Doggybags

Doggybags New Member

May 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That is one heck of a deal my friends. I'm very, very jealous of whoever gets them.

8. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Look at Edge's sig. He's way too hairy for these seats. He'd ruin them in the blink of an eye, if you could see them. He's out.

Goaljinky states he has he has money in hand. He has something in his hand, but it's not money. Don't let him fool you.

Wza is questioning your integrity--too good to be true?. He's out.

Tuls lives in some place called Rapture. That should disqualify him right there. Plus, he'd just put a picture of some chick licking the seats. Do we really want to see that? Forget I wrote that last sentence.

Minidave is late to the party. He'll also be late with his payment. Disqualified.

That leaves me. I'll take them. I'll even throw in a sixpack of your favorite beer....

9. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    #9 Jason Montague, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
    Thanks Nathan. Edited out. Jason

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Was that really needed?

11. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Yeah and?! ;)

Rapture is a massive underwater city, forged by the personal dreams of Andrew Ryan, to escape from the political, social, and religious anxieties of a post-World War II world. It was established on November 5, 1946 and finished in late 1951. It is located at 63° 2' N, 29° 55' W, which places it at about 433 kilometers west of Iceland's capital, Reykjavik.

Rapture sits at the bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean, as a gleaming metropolis of massive Art Deco-styled buildings, connected by networks of glass tunnels, Bathysphere systems, and submerged railways. All-in-all resembling the Manhattan borough of New York, in both size as well as general appearance. The city is completely self-sustaining, and all of its electricity, food, water and air purification and defense system are powered by the volcanic vents in Hephaestus. Rapture is intentionally isolated from the world, and the only way to access it seems to be bathyspheres taken down from the lighthouse perched on an island above.

In terms of its philosophical underpinnings, Rapture can best be described as a "gulch," (a term derived from Galt's Gulch in the Ayn Rand novel Atlas Shrugged). A "gulch" is a localized underground economic and social community of free-minded individuals and differs from a commune in that it is uniquely freedom-focused, and so upholds individual and property rights rather than operating by the rules of a collective community.

12. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Sounds very cool. Also sounds like a place where JCW sparco seats are completely unnecessary, as cars would be dangerous in an underwater city. Too much risk of asphyxiation. It's bad enough that you drive a car down there, killing innocent Rapturians and all, on top of it, I can't believe how selfish you are, wanting these seats, to add to your comfort level while choking your fellow citizens unmercifully. I'm willing to look past all of this as long as you revoke your 4th place claim on Sparco's...:ihih:

13. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Haha, dang it you have a point there. Of course these seats would be for when I am visiting the land. :p Duhhhh ;) I have to at least do it in style and comfort. :D

14. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    This just in off the AP wire:

BP has finally discovered the etiology of the terrible underwater explosion causing the current disaster in the gulf. Some dude illegally attempted to divert oil from the well to some almost fictional sounding, utopian like underwater city. His exact name will not be released until police have him in custody (the police department is working closely with the 'lil mermaid to apprehend the suspect), but they did mention the scalawag's nickname consisted of a four letter word with an umlaut in it. In the last sentence of the article they also pointed out that this derelict should not be sold JCW sparco's under any circumstances.

15. works4me

works4me New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You know you're in trouble when your "for sale" thread generates more lively banter than your last "discussion" thread....

16. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    lol at least it's fun and creative. I prefer that than doom and gloom. ;)

17. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of that, who actually got the seats?

Jim

18. orangecrush

orangecrush New Member

May 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

SEATS??? This thread was about seats? :confused:

Speaking of seats, in the next few days, my new JCW Recaro alcantara seats will be arriving from England. (and then my rollbar assy)

Apparently I keep missing deals like these seats so I had to break down and just buy new ones.

Woohoo... pics to come.

Mark

19. wrh3

wrh3 New Member

May 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    5th....

20. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009