FS: MachV springs

Discussion in '2nd Generation Parts For Sale' started by Fastlane, Jan 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Fastlane

Fastlane Member

May 4, 2009
    Teacher
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    #1 Fastlane, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a nearly-new set of MachV lowering springs for sale. I purchased these a couple of weeks ago and they have been on the car for less than a week. After installation, I've discovered that I will have some wheel rub problems when towing my little camper (you'd think I would have thought of that before going down this road....live/learn ). At any rate, it's necessary for me to go back to stock for now.

These are basically brand new...as I said before, only been on the car since last weekend. The car dropped approx 1.25 inches (which is what MachV advertises). Really makes the car look nice and the ride is very good...not harsh at all.

The springs will be shipped in their original box and will include the instructions for installation.

I'm looking to get $160 OBO plush shipping for these. I would estimate shipping to be in the $15-20 range. This is a great deal on a new set of springs if you are looking to lower your car for looks/handling.

Pic of my car as it sits with these springs installed appears below.

Thanks for looking. Please PM with interest or questions.

Chris in Indianapolis
    IMAG1266.jpg IMAG1268.jpg

2. th3band1t

th3band1t New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Do you happen to know the spring rates of these? I did some quick searching and nothing came up

3. Fastlane

Fastlane Member

May 4, 2009
    Teacher
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    No I do not. I don't think machV ever released a rate for them. They are progressive, so the rate changes with load....probably makes it difficult to give them a rating useful for comparison with other springs. I'm not really sure how spring rate is calculated. Unscientifically, I would describe them as slightly stiffer than stock with one person in the car. If I did not have the issue with towing a trailer, I would definitely keep them.

4. walshe_ian

walshe_ian Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Springs are fail anway get coilovers ;)

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    2. Respect the Seller – Yeah, that asking price is painfully high, the seller will soon find out when no one buys it. No need to trample over the sellers thread with comments like “Dude that price is insane, are you Palo Uber?†Let it go, or offer a lower price more along what the market is really paying. Don't like the brand or product the seller has listed. Let it be and move on. Others may like that brand or product. This is Sales area, leave the discussion of the merits elsewhere.

Read more: Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums - Announcements in Forum : Wheels & Tires For Sale

6. Fastlane

Fastlane Member

May 4, 2009
    Teacher
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nathan.

In regards to the price....of course it is negotiable. Just trying to recoup as much of my initial investment as possible. That said, these are basically new. At the asking price of $160 they are cheaper than new ones can be had by a significant amount.

If anyone has interest, I am willing to deal.

Thanks.

Thanks

7. th3band1t

th3band1t New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If you have these next month I will be interested, I just have SNO*DRIFT this month..

8. Fastlane

Fastlane Member

May 4, 2009
    Teacher
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    The springs have SOLD! Thanks for your interest.