FS: TSW/WMW Upper Motor Mount

Discussion in '1st Generation Parts For Sale' started by GeorgeCo, Jan 21, 2014.

1. GeorgeCo

GeorgeCo Site Sponsor
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Motorer
    Mt. Airy, MD
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Garage cleaning continues: Help fund my tire budget for 2014!
    For Sale: TSW/WMW Upper Motor Mount. High performance Urethane bushing and mounting hardware. Like new condition. Definitely reduces engine movement, but does introduce more vibration at idle. Great for track car or autocross (if allowed by class), not so great for a daily driver (unless you already have a single-mass flywheel and/or header, in which case you won't even notice the additional vibration.) Other owners report vibration gets better with time. I just didn't wait to find out. Includes everything you need to bolt in except the M10x125 torx bolt that mounts to the chassis. That's a torque to yield bolt and should not be reused. MINI part 22116766753. It's only about $5.
    Will fit R53s and R52 Cooper S if you have the right bracket. If your current mount and bracket looks like the one below, then you are good to go. Includes instructions for DIY install. New is $200. Asking $125 shipped to lower 48. $110 if you pick it up (metro DC area.) PM if interested or if you have any questions. Read more about it here on my blog. Paypal preferred.

You get this:
    [​IMG]

Which looks like this when it is installed:
    [​IMG]

Will only fit if your current mount looks like this:
    [​IMG]

2. nismo4life

nismo4life New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Interested, but curious. Why would a single mass flywheel conversion cause more vibration at idle? My valeo kit didn't show any signs of increased NVH.

3. GeorgeCo

GeorgeCo Site Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Motorer
    Mt. Airy, MD
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes it's the combination of flywheel, clutch and characteristics of the engine. I had a Spec aluminum flywheel in my '04 Cooper S. With a stock clutch it wasn't really noticeable, but with an aggressive clutch the NVH drove me nuts and I ended up going back to stock. I find that with the R53s it really is different for each car and what works for one doesn't for another.

4. GeorgeCo

GeorgeCo Site Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Motorer
    Mt. Airy, MD
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0