Garage Pics

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by LIL PIGG, Aug 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I found this forum last night and its pretty neat. Its pictures of what people have done to their Garages. There are some neat Garages out there and I thought we could post some of our pictures on here.

I would post the pictures into the message but I still don't know how to do that. So you have to look at my bad photos in the attachments. Maybe I will take some better pictures this week to share???

I thought if someone has some neat ideas about garages and garage space we could share it?

My garage is just a two car garage but I am able to squeeze three cars in there. I still have room to work on the cars just have to plan on which car and which side of the car. I am always looking for better space saving ways. I try to keep stuff off the floor or onto carts that roll around. When I get the function of the garage pretty good. Then I will try to dress things up a bit. I have storage up top but I only put stuff up there that I don't need. I will clean the place up and take some better pictures soon.

Attached Files:

2. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Peg board and milk crates are a nice flexible solution to storage. The milk crates can either be stacked or hung on the pegboard using hooks. I will have to take a picture of our garage this weekend we have more bikes and gardening stuff.

More importantly what is the story on the BMW?

3. paulgraz

paulgraz New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    IT Manager
    Howell, NJ
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  4. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    The story is, its a 1970 2002. It was the very first car I bought. I still get it out and drive it. It has plenty of rust, but rust happens. I am never going to get rid of it. I plan to put new metal in it and paint it sometime soon. As you can tell I can get the Mini and 2002 out but the third car is kind of stuck for now. I can get it out but it takes about 15 minutes.

I am looking for some ideas on what to do with the garage. When I clean out the stuff I will take some pictures.

5. paulgraz

paulgraz New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    IT Manager
    Howell, NJ
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I didn't even see the third car!

A friend gave me some real good garage advice:
    -Keep stuff off the floor as much as possible
    -If you're buying shelving units, get the ones with wheels. Having everything on wheels allows you to easily move things around to accommodate the project de jour. There's a reason why those big tool boxes always have wheels...

Also - I've been upgrading all my shop lights in the garage to this unit:

White Ceiling Fluorescent Shop Light-HBSL-25G at The Home Depot

Unlike the cheap $10 units I had before, this one:
    -Actually works well in the cold
    -can use the more efficient T8 bulbs
    -The T8 bulbs I buy are "Cool white" which I think makes the garage look brighter
    -The ballast doesn't buzz
    -If I accidentally hit the fixture, the cage will catch the bulb. Ever seen a fluorescent tube fall 8 feet and break? It's not pretty.

6. ImagoX

ImagoX New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    LOL... your garage is like mine: crammed with vehicles. We typically have two Minis/MINIs, plus 2 motorcycles in ours. :)

7. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    +1 on the Pegboard...I have everything from ladders to c-clamps hung on mine.

8. YeloMini

YeloMini Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For those with fluorescent garage fixtures with no lens or guard over the bulbs, get some of these. They are clear plastic tubes with ends that fit over each bulb. So if you hit it with a broom handle or it fell, the mess would be contained. They are also available for T12 bulbs as well.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/4FT-T8-TUBE-GUARDS-ENDS/dp/B002FYANNI"]Amazon.com: 4FT T8 TUBE GUARDS W/ENDS: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/11TBzPVo4nL.@@AMEPARAM@@11TBzPVo4nL[/ame]

9. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0