Gas Prices in Ca today

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Minidave, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    La Puente....

[​IMG]

2. Angib

Angib New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    (Old) England
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    Wow! It's 'only' $8.30 in Britain and our prices used to be several times yours.

3. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Nope, we don't need to drill.....

4. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Don't see how it can be that high? Think last time I filled up, 4-5 days ago, premium was $4.59 :(

5. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Everyone simply needs to buy a Justa Mark. :lol::lol:

Jim

6. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    White House policy and campaign promises thank you very much and the market speculators have fallen into line. Aldus Huxley wrote it before his time.

7. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    3.759 for 93 in Jersey still....

8. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I know you're not supposed to begin a presentation with an appology, but I'm left with no alternative as I ponder my inner thoughts regarding all that seems afoul in our society today. So, up front; "I'm sorry Everyone." And to Nathan, this may be more well suited to be posted in a thread more focused on the political arena, so please feel free to relocate my post if need be.

High gas prices are but the tip of a deadly iceberg we have been dodging for far too many years. Am I pissed about the continued rise in my cost of living? Hell Yes I am!

As long as we all remain good soldiers, serving in silence, our leaders will certainly maintain their present course. I believe it's long overdue for the sound thinking masses to make the effort necessary to get the Country back on track. We need to right the wrongs enacted by the current and previous administrations, whose viewpoints and resulting special interest policies have literally made us the laughing stock of the world.

Rather than to be so determined to set policy that results in an increased co-dependence on foriegn nations for our own needs, we must move forward towards returning to a more sound and productive society where pride and integrity once again serve as our foundation. We are entirely capable of producing nearly everything we need to sustain ourselves. Wildly concocted trade agreements aside, isn't it time to restore the industrial base which made us the great power we profess to be?

Politically incorrect as it may be for those who believe it's in everyone's better interest to be so overboard in unnecessarily addressing our environmental concerns, and for those so accustomed to being recipient of the never ending hand-out, I say step aside and make room for a return to an industrious and productive society that will enable the USA to be the center of world interest, for all the right reasons, rather than that of a co-dependent society of weakend minds. In all things, the less active and developmental people are, the greater the opportunity for broadening a person's anger. There's plenty of room in this Country for a return to the way life ought'a be. Regardless of the particular circumstance, we are a nation founded on the ideaology that we are to be self sustaining and productive to suit the needs of its citizens. Sadly, we have become far too concerned for the well being of others outside of our borders and, consequently, people of great integrity here at home are suffering.

Sorry for the rant here... but I am so tired of what's been going on and I'm tired of being told how it is when it is completely contrary to my principles. I just hope that, in time, and sooner than later, sensible folks will band together so that our present course will take us where we all know we should be headed, and we can resume a life of productivity less dependent on others for our own basic needs. We owe it to ourselves and the generations to follow.

9. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    i think in the bay its around 4.50 for 91

10. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    OK, Firebro....

I'm all for free speech and so on, but is a car forum the right place to rant about high gas prices, political misdoings and so on?

Maybe a well worded letter to your representatives would do more good?

I'm on a lot of forums, and I see things like this on every one of them. I guess folks think they'll be preaching to a sympathetic ear, but I maintain it only makes the guys posting feel better, and does absolutely nothing to resolve the core situation.

So, my suggestion is, if you haven't already done so write to your representatives, and follow up with messages on their Facebook page and in other social media - that's where your comments may have some impact - no one seems to like being criticized on their Facebook page, whether politico or corporation - you might actually get some reaction if you direct yourself to the right places.

Lastly, I don't believe like some do that low gas prices are somehow our right, and that we don't deserve to pay as much as other countries do. I don't understand why folks think that, but the majority of the consumer cost of gasoline is TAXES - something your elected rep can actually do something about. Maybe start there?

11. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I paid 3.98 yesterday for 91, not as bad as some of you are paying but it still hurts..:mad:

12. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Actually the majority of the cost of gas in the US is not taxes.

[​IMG]

13. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Minidave I have to disagree, writing your Representative or senator does absolutely no good, those people are self absorbed a**holes, they care for no one but themselves and how much they can line there pockets while in DC.
    I don't know what the answer is but I do know they don't represent the people in their districts.
    Just my opinion.

14. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    I paid $2.96/ gallon at Safeway today. I've bought so may groceries there, I got a buck a gallon off!

Dave

15. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    #15 minimark, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    Some how I don't feel like a better person because I'm paying higher gas prices.....

16. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    OK, then who?

Me? I guarantee you I'm the wrong person, yet I'm the one being talked to, thru this thread.

I'm sorry, a**holes or not, those in power do not like being talked about negatively on their social media pages - I think more pressure can be brought thru those sources than just writing them a letter....

17. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Ya know MD... You're right, I'm just a retired guy whose finally got the time to attend to the more recreational things life has to offer, and someone beyond my control is dictating my good times. You're right I did rant beyond where I maybe should have.

Once again, I appologize. Cheers. :beer

18. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Certainly glad our fore fathers talked to each other.... ;)

...and Firebro, I'm also glad to see that there are others that feel the same way I do.

19. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    I thought about starting a thread about Americas "Forefathers/Founding Fathers" but thought better, as when people would see the truth about them and what they believed, a crud storm would follow :idea:

20. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    #20 Minidave, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    All this because I posted someone's photo of gas at $6 a gallon?

Me, I'm just glad I drive a MINI instead of a 14 mpg SUV

Last time gas spiked to $4/gallon Escalades and Explorers becames half priced cars, and motor homes dropped like proverbial rocks in value. I wonder if we'll have the same kind of backlash this time, or if we've become somewhat numbed to it?