2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Gauges with Multiple Readings

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by genik, Jun 8, 2014.

1. genik

genik Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Which gauges of that kind (multiple readings) would you prefer for the R56S and why?

2. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Check with forums with multiple postings to ensure multiple replies and multiple responses of multiple opinions of your multiple gauges multiplication question....you will get multitudes of answers!! Lol. Personally I don't use a obb2 guage reader...the info is only as good as the source... The cars own network of sensors....IMO get a 3 guage pack with separate sending units and do a nice install....
    That way you can TRUST the data.....if not, you are just seeing data represented that the car already believes/thinks to be true....so not as useful since it is not independently confirmed.

3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Check with forums with multiple postings to ensure multiple replies and multiple responses of multiple opinions of your multiple gauges multiplication question....you will get multitudes of answers!! Lol. Personally I don't use a obb2 guage reader...the info is only as good as the source... The cars own network of sensors....IMO get a 3 guage pack with separate sending units and do a nice install....
    That way you can TRUST the data.....if not, you are just seeing data represented that the car already believes/thinks to be true....so not as useful since it is not independently confirmed.

4. genik

genik Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    #4 genik, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    ZippyNH can you please rephrase that cause i didn't understand a thing!

Metalman can you please rephrase that cause i didn't understand a thing!

you b@st@rds :biggrin5:

5. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    Maybe not what you had in mind, but instead of a dedicated gauge you can use an app on smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth OBD. In addition to gauge displays, you would also be able read and reset fault codes and do other diagnostic functions.

6. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    ....or the ScangaugeII

7. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    These AeroForce Interceptors can do everything a Scangauge II can do, and since each gauge includes a dual display a pair of gauges like I have allows one to see any four of the 30+ available data items simultaneously (a big advantage over Cravenspeed's nGauge). Each gauge also has a set high intensity warning lights that can be program using logic from multiple feeds. I have the lights on the top gauge set to a single feed (RPM) and programmed to come on at 5K RPM so it functions nicely as a shift light.

These probably wouldn't look nearly as good alongside an analog speedo, but I think they make a sweet match with the Nav screen.

[​IMG]

More expensive than the smartphone approach but a much more integrated look and feel.