Gave my 2 weeks notice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GreenMiniClub, Apr 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GreenMiniClub

GreenMiniClub New Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So I was offered a formal apprenticeship as a machinist at the place I applied at before I started in jan at my current employer. I gave my 2 weeks notice, and the owner doesn't get it. I will be making more money, better benefits, safer working conditions, and a formal education. He has transferred me to a different department where I am less productive and learning more about what I will be doing for my new employer. While my old department is short handed and now running at about 40% productivity because they have 1 guy out on vacation and the other guy teaching "a flunky" as the owner called him. I don't mean to rant but you would think you would want me to be as productive as I can and not teach me for the next employer

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the world of today. That is why I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I am old and have all that crap behind me. :Thumbsup:

Jim

3. 05r50

05r50 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +697 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on the Apprenticeship. I admire people that can work with their hands AND mind to create something.

I have several friends that machine things from nothing. I am in awe of them.

Pay attention. Those old guys built this world.

4. GreenMiniClub

GreenMiniClub New Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah there is no way I could work 9-5 in an office all day! The machine I was running up until I gave my notice was built in 1942 for the war

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Drive on and look forward to your apprenticeship. If young people 16-18yo were offered meaningful apprenticeships in industry and the trades.............well I'm just saying that a college degree(and high school 11th and 12th grades for the non college bound) is not for every one and does not prepare young people for what they would really enjoy doing. Rut Ro, this is getting political:lol:.............I'd better just wish you good luck and sign off.:Thumbsup:

Jason

6. GreenMiniClub

GreenMiniClub New Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's what I plan on doing! Just punch in, do my work and punch out for the next 10 days!