1st Gen R53 Cooper S Goodbye Blu

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by JCC, Aug 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JCC

JCC New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Installation Manager
    Sachse, Texas
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTQtMjAxMTA4MjctMTAwMC5qcGc.jpg

Previously being a Scion owner, I didn't know if I would find anything like it anywhere else. My tC was totaled in October 2009. I was talking about getting another to replace it when my wife told me she thought she was done with "the whole Scion thing". I knew then I wouldn't have her support for any upgrades or mods. We walked by a MINI in a Baton Rouge mall we were at. I asked her what she thought of it and we started looking for used ones when we got back to Dallas. We saw a blue one on the road and agreed that would be a good color. We started searching online for one for sale. I went and test drove one at Carmax in Plano. I was pleasantly surprised at the power of the supercharged R53. I talked to a friend at a dealership in McKinney where he had a black '07 cabrio. It was also fun to drive and was in great shape. Low miles, but pricey. We found Blu in Frisco. I test drove it and got the family out that night to have a look. The kids and my wife liked it, so we did the deal. We got the warranty and good thing we did. It paid for itself. I had all warranty work done at MoD. Steve, Ed, Tony and Donovan all worked on it at different times. Gene and Tomas were always helpful as well of course. I have never seen or experienced a more supportive group of people as those at Metroplex MINI and the MINI world as a whole. About the only vendors I worked with are Way and a just a little from DDM Works. I got to meet Way and he installed my pulley. I don't have to tell anyone what a great guy he is. Nathan here and at Motoring Alliance also has been very helpful. The forums here at MM.org, MA, Motoring Underground and others are just great. Lots of people ready and willing to help. When I was looking for mod parts, everyone else had their eye out too. If I needed mod or maintenance help, everyone was eager to lend a hand. Members such as Aaron, "other Gene" and several others share their knowledge/experience. I could go on and on. The MINI community is great and I will miss it. I will miss you all. I can say I will keep in touch and all of that. We all know how that goes once you move on to something else. All I can say is that I'll try.