Got hit. Again.

Discussion in 'Roadkill and other Musings' started by goaljnky, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    #1 goaljnky, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    I always new the odds were that I would get nailed by a dumb twit yapping on her phone with her stupid azz pocket puppy in her lap. Yesterday my odds ran out. Stupid twit side swiped me.

Words safe for use on this site do not convey my utter disgust and contempt for this twit. Obviously I would have preferred to use a different vowel in twit.

[​IMG]

Here is the other driver. Sadly the only thing that changed from the time she hit me is the fact that she got out of the car. The dog and the phone are still in same exact positions as at the time of the accident:

[​IMG]

When I called my insurance company to verify her information their reply was: "Oh yes, she is who she claims she is. We know her well. She tends to get into a lot of accidents."

:mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5:
    :incazzato::incazzato::incazzato::incazzato::incazzato::incazzato::incazzato:
    :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

2. WolfGTI

WolfGTI Active Member

May 21, 2009
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to see that - however the dog doesn't deserve any angst.. stupid owner on the other hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    The only solace I have is knowing that the dog took a dump in her car. Watched her try to clean it up sometime later.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The tire circle marks do sorta fit the theme of the MINI. :D

Glad there were no injuries.

5. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Sorry to hear about it.

So, any indication she was texting at the time she hit you? They are passing strict law here locally about texting while driving and they can supena phone records to add additional violations to the accident.

6. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
  7. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about the crash. Clearly but her insurance companies response this was not an accident! They need to drop her a$$ from the insurance before someone really gets hurt.

8. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Well, the accident took place with both of us making a left from a double left turn lane. As we were sitting at the light she was holding the dog and talking on the phone. Why did I notice that? Because she was not in either of the left turn lanes. She was sitting across the double yellow line in the oncoming traffic lane.

As the left turn arrow turned green, I proceeded to make my turn from the number two left turn lane into the number 2 lane in the direction of travel. She proceeded to make a left turn into the same lane I was in (I.E. across the number one lane and into the number 2 lane).

When she got out of the car she says to me: "Sir you hit me, I was changing lanes because I was going to make a right on the next block".

9. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sad thing is...

they'll be more than happy to just jack her rates and keep cashing checks. And by her lifestyle, I'm guessing she'll just pay and keep doing what she does.

did a cop show up? Then she might have gotten into more trouble.... But with the budgets out there now, it's more likely that you'd get "I didn't see it so I can't site her for it" and no one would bother to take the time to see what she was doing on her cell at the time of the accident.... Everyone is on furlough!

Glad you're OK Jerry....

Matt

10. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I called the cops. At first she refused to give me her information. She scribbled it down on a piece of paper and wanted me to accept that. Obviously, I insisted on seeing the actual DL and insurance card. Some of the nuggets out of her mouth:

"I don't have to let you see my drivers license and insurance information" - oh really sweat heart? So how do I know you are not lying

"I don't have to give you information if the damage is less then $20,000. The cops told me that last time I was in an accident"

"I can show you a ticket I just got and I wasn't written up for not having insurance, which proves that my insurance is valid" - a response to me saying I will wait for the cops to make a ruling on her insurance card with the expiration date of November of last year.

Eventually, after talking with my insurance I let her go. About an hour later I got a call from LAPD asking if I was still at the scene of an accident.

11. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm always baffled

when those in the wrong cop an attitude.... If it weren't for the time it takes to wait for a response, it might have been fun to request that she stay until the police showed up to file a report. But who knows how many days that would have been!

She hits you, she's the beatch, you're the gentelman!

Matt

12. Rooster

Rooster New Member

May 22, 2009
    Systems Engineer
    West Hollywood, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about this Jerry... sounds like the guy that totalled my Mustang. He was a habitual car-totaller, and had only owned the four-runner he plowed into me with for two weeks before taking me out.

Two weeks prior to the accident he had been released from be hospitalized for a head-on accident three months before that.

Imagine my "surprise" when I found out he was the son of a prominent doctor in the area.

Grrrrr.

Glad you're OK.

13. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    The frustrating part about it (and I knew it would be) is unless she admits fault, it is my word against hers. At least according to my insurance company.

14. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Her history will come into play...

as well.... Or at least it should....

Good luck.

Matt

15. BlimeyCabrio

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Wow... you guys live in a different universe... here, no way I'd EVER leave an accident scene before the cop got there. And they'd be there PDQ, even out in the boonies. If I called my insurance company and told them I was in an accident and described it like that and said the cops didn't come, they'd think I was on crack. CA is a different world...

16. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Oh, don't be that way. They are not that bad. If you go 10 miles over the speed limit, or perform a lane change in any matter that implies any other intent then the lane change, they will be on you like white on rice.

17. BlimeyCabrio

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
  18. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I accept you accusation with pride. Although I have been partial to the brown basmati rice lately. But nobody is writing ticket like brown basmati on rice.

19. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Blimey. It's so nice to live in Wisconsin, where if a situation like what happened to you occured, not only are the police there in minutes, on occasion they've been known to completely bypass the court system and go directly to capital punishment right there at the roadside, no questions asked. And if you're polite to the cops, you don't even have to clean up the mess.

20. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Watch out!

if you keep waxing poetic about Wisconson, there will be a huge migration of Californians to Wisconson. Then you too will have crowded roads, a disfuctional government, overburdoned courts and the like.... Just without the beaches!

Matt