Engine Drivetrain 1st Gen Cooper S Graphing software

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Putttn, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Putttn

Putttn New Member

May 29, 2010
    Manage small business
    Spokane, Wa
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying out a new graphing software from ByteTronik that's pretty neat. I'm new to all this datalogging stuff. Pretty neat the way it gathers data and literally posts it to a database and then is downloaded to create a graph of the run. I just insert the little recording device into the OBD port and “record†a run. I then download it to my laptop and play back via the Bytetronik Dataviewer. It records 40+ bits of information 8 times per second to create the spreadsheet and graph. The graph can be manipulated to show different measured items that you may want to view. From what I understand, it will be able to store different “maps†that can be applied. Don’t know if that part of the software is active. I’ve put a couple of runs on my laptop and changed the graph around to show different values. Once I learn more about how all this works I’ll share some more.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I also am on the beta testing team for the ByteTronik Logging and DataViewer. As the MINI is still in the shop I have no data as of yet and have only installed the software along with verifying the drivers for the unit work by viewing the sample log already on the card.

In order to get more frequent data reads from the ECU Jay adds a bit of code to the ECU. I had to send my ECU off to Mynes/ByteTronik to have this added. The turnaround was quite swift with me sending of the ECU via Priority Mail on the 18th. I had the ECU back along with the OBD connector and USB cable back the on Thursday.

The software works fine in Win7 x64.

Included is an OBD port plug in device, USB cable to connect device to PC and a 2GB microSD card.

[​IMG]

Top of the OBD plug device. From left to right. microSD card slot, USB connection, micro headphone plug type jack to connect an Innovate Air Fuel device.

[​IMG]

Once I get the car back I'll start using this to log data from a variety of situations.

3. Putttn

Putttn New Member

May 29, 2010
    Manage small business
    Spokane, Wa
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much the same level of service for me as well. Fast! Recording runs and sending them down to Jay via email has really worked slick for me. I'm concerned that my car isn't putting out the hp it should with the mods I have and being able to send what the car is doing to the "experts" is a whole lot better than just adding mods to see if something works. Seems like quite a few folks have gone down that path and ended up with parts they really didn't need.

4. Putttn

Putttn New Member

May 29, 2010
    Manage small business
    Spokane, Wa
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great videos on how the graphing function works on Mynes forum. Jay has really done his homework setting up a great program to analyze the function of our cars.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Now that I have a car back I can start playing with this and learning more.

Screen cap of a short drive, about 5 min long. Below the image is the key..

[​IMG]

From the top

Green - Injector Duty

Blue - RPM

Purple - Short Term Correction

Green - Calc Load

Maroon - Speed

Blue - Elapsed Time

This is my first foray into this software and this is one of the very first files I have collected. I still need to learn much more about the software and how to make the most from it.