Greetings from TCE

Discussion in 'Sponsor Messages' started by Todd TCE, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone! As many of you know I have been serving the MINI community now for about six years or more providing the very popular Wilwood and TCE/Wilwood (the house line) big brake kits. I chose to extend my support to include MotoringAlliance as well as that other forum.

I look forward to another great AMVIV coming up soon too. If you do not know....this is THE best time to save money on a potential brake kit purchase. It is the ONLY time of the year you will find savings beyond any sale (mine or any dealer) that deeply discount these great kits.

What's the catch? Three fold;
    1. All sales are CASH only. (there's no shortage of cash in Vegas)
    2. Sales are on a first come, first serve basis and limited to stock on hand.
    3. Bargains may include shop 'specials', 'scratch and dents' or 'one offs' that are harder to sell normally. *No not all kits are such, most are not

I look forward to seeing many of you (again) and meeting new folks this coming year!

What else is new? If you did not know Wilwood has copied my rear kit! Oh well...my loss, your gain. There is now a Wilwood factory rear kit that is 11.75"dia and uses the combo caliper as I have done for years. The good news is that it's saving you some coin. The bad news is that it won't work as a two stage purchase as mine does- meaning you cannot use their (vented) rotor in the stock caliper and add the combo caliper later. The factory kits are also intended to have (and supplied) replacement parking brake cables for R56 cars. *I'm planning to offer it without for earlier cars with steel trailing arms.

Which one is right for you? If you pair it with a TCE 13" front kit I'd urge you to retain the TCE rear kit for full matching looks. If you have a Wiwood front kit then their rear kit makes more sense. In either case I'll be happy to help you make it fit your needs.

Also somewhat new is the TCE13 with the DP6 caliper. A great combo of the new DynaPro 6 caliper on my 13" kits! The real benefit here is wheel clearance. While the caliper is as tall as the standard FSL part it's far narrower. And has thinner pads making spoke clearance a plus. This option carries a minimal 'up charge' can can be had in both black and red pc finish.

Enough for now, as usual if you have any questions just ask!