Griot's Trim & Bumper Renew

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by TWISTYBITZ, Jun 13, 2010.

1. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Altadena/Pasadena, California
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    TwistyBitz, besides my webstore, has a blog called TwistyBlitz. It generally folows my MINI adventures, rants and so on. Occassionally I'll do a product review.

Recently, I bought some Griot's Bumper & Trim Reconditioner. Check out my review of this product here:

twistyblitz blog

:frown2:

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Well I must say that is not a very impressive result:frown2:.

I have been using Black Wow since it was released, has it been 5 years? I only get a dust collection problem on the first application on a car. I generally wait 24 hours after the first application, then wash it, then reapply. No more dust accumulates on the trim then the rest of the car.

If you use to much BW it will attract dust. You need very little. I still use the first foam applicator I got with my first bottle, it lives in a baggie with the bottle, and I can do touch-ups without opening the bottle, as the foam is "LOADED" with product.

I try and do our cars about 3 times a year with BW, with touch-ups as needed.

Mark

3. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Agreed on the Black Wow application, but find it still a dust collector but it does work the best of all tried. Adam's is on the way and hopefully it will works as they suggest.

4. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Let us know:Thumbsup:

Mark

5. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Will do. Thanks for checking out my blog. Did you leave a comment there?

6. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I will now:D

Mark

7. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It's been said many times that BW when first applied can attract dust until the first car wash. Those that call BW "a greasy mess" are people likely that are using BW incorrectly. Unlike typical products, the results of BW don't diminish after the first wash or successive washes, so there is no drawback in rinsing off BW after it's been applied and left to soak for a few days.

As for Griots, there is no question that their product is inferior to BW. They have been evaluating my BW for the past several months after having performed side by side tests between there product and mine.

8. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Octaneguy... Must say that your product was one of the better treatments I tried and I feel I gave it it's props, as I see it, but I stand behind my assessment. I do still use it and have tried all your suggestions for application.

No comment left at TwistyBlitz?

9. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #9 TWISTYBITZ, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
    BTW... I think mess was too strong so I'm changing that now. Sorry.

OK... Fairs, Fair... Once I get the Adams product I will do one side with Adam's and one side with Black Wow. Stay tuned, as they say.