1st Gen R53 Cooper S High speed fan issues! look!

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by BoostCzaR53, Jul 1, 2012.

1. BoostCzaR53

BoostCzaR53 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    NC
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Currently have had problems with AC not cooling, after doing some observations, I have noticed that the fan is intermittently working. High or low speed!

Details:

AC Off, running at operating temp, low speed cuts on and off intermittently, PS fan stays off.

AC on, PS fan cuts on and runs, high speed never cuts on, neither does low speed.

Early 2002 build date so the fan circuit is tied into the PS fan, which tells me it has power, and obviously the fuse isnt blown.

Sitting in traffic with AC off, car starts to overheat and cools down as I get rolling naturally.

Fan was replaced about 3.5 months ago or less with NAPA OE replacement.

On cold startups/cool mornings the AC works fine, fan works like normal and as it should. ONLY WHEN IT GETS HOT OUT DO I HAVE PROBLEMS!

Who has had similar issues? All the evidence points to a bad fan again to me, so correct me if I sound wrong? The circuit for the high speed fan is getting power obviously because the PS fan is working fine, the low speed rarely ever cuts on, high speed never cuts on even with AC full PSI and at full temp, car will overheat before fan ever comes on.

I am leaning towards getting another fan, if so, has there been an established place to get a reliable fan assembly or to prevent further fan problems? Whether it be a wiring fix, or something? Obviously there is something flawed in the design for these things to go out all the time!