Entertainment Electronics 2nd Gen HK Audio No More on 2010 Clubman S 5000 miles

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Octaneguy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I'm listening to some tunes on via iPhone 3GS last night. I have the factory integrated kit in the armrest and all is well, until suddenly the audio went silent. It didn't matter if I chose Tuner, CD, Aux, or iPod...no audio. The controls worked fine from the MFSW, as did the CD track controls and display, so this seems to be an amp problem.

Short of taking it to the dealer, I'm thinking I'm going to unplug the battery and also check to see if there is a fuse somewhere for the amp.

Any other suggestions or anyone else experience this?

Richard

2. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    So I disconnected the negative ground and waited 10 minutes, and reconnected and didn't do squat. So I went to the fuse box to see if I could figure out what fuse belonged to the HK amp. What I found was a disconnected power wire. Strange. I wondered why this was sitting there. There was another bundle of wires a few inches away that looked like could be connected..so I reconnected them, and the audio came back. Not sure how the wire could have come lose as there is a little indent lock and I haven't even opened the fuse box since I brought the car home 2 months ago.

3. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    MINI Gremlins?

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Did you expose the Clubbie to bright lights, get it wet, or feed it after midnight?

5. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing...

that the connector just wasn't well seated when the car was built and it took a while to come undone. at least it was a cheap fix!

Matt