Ingenuity. But also a Mini Cooper.

Discussion in 'Roadkill and other Musings' started by ellinorebell, Sep 18, 2013.

1. ellinorebell

ellinorebell New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Columbus
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is my first post on a car forum, but a fun story none the less.

I was featured in a blog post on MLSsoccer.com due to my work an a (roughly) 10,000 sq ft banner I helped create for the US v. Mexico World Cup Qualifier played here in Columbus, Ohio.

The article was written because a photo was circulating on twitter of me, sitting in a parking lot- using a converter from my car to power a sewing machine. I spent about 5 hours in that parking lot sewing on the banner.

Anyway, I could spend a lot of time explaining why and how but here is the article...

The story of constructing a USMNT tifo by car-powered sewing machine in the Crew Stadium parking lot | SIDELINE | MLSsoccer.com

The editor of the Columbus Alive (local weekly publication) linked the article, I love the way he worded it. This is where i got the post title from...
    [​IMG]

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA!
    We have plenty of room for one more Mini nut. Great article.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Welcome to M/A

Come join the Mid Ohio motoring group of friends this Saturday at Tim Hortons for coffee, donuts & MINI talk. I also talk Toyota Crayolas.

Mid-Ohio Motoring Club