Is Sabine Schmitz the new Stig?

Discussion in 'Top Gear' started by Nathan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Speculation is already hot and heavy as to the ID of the latest version of The Stig. After Ben Collins outed himself a new Stig was born in Bethlehem during the Top Gear Christmas Special. Being hows Stigs mature at a rapid rate the new Stig was on hand for the latest season of Top Gear that started last night on the BBC.

During the show there were many hints. Clarkson said about the new Stig 'The Stig comes up to my legs and makes Richard Hammond look like a giant. All the good racing drivers these days are very small.' The new Stig also set a new lap record around the Top Gear Test Track as well trained the Star in a Reasonably Priced car to do the same.

UK Bookmakers have laid 4:1 odds that the new Stig is a woman. This line is now favored over the odd of notable former F1 drivers David Coulthard and Damon Hill. On top of that, there are also odds on what color of the suit the new Stig will be donning in his/her new gig. And just so you know, pink is right up there with 5:1 odds.

We know that the Stig donned the familiar White Alpine Stars suit now. Speculation is now focused on the gender of The Stig.

Who do you think the new Stig is?

2. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I hope it is her, I think she'd be great - but I would like to see them go a new direction with her and not have her be silent - she's a fun interview!

If we see her out of the car, we'll easily be able to tell if it's a man or a woman, that'll change the odds considerably!

I think Tiff went around the track faster than Ben too - I noticed in the Xmas show that he had a different line around several of the corners, and he looked quicker.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Tiff also did a very fast lap in the Ariel V8 to beat the super bike but was dressed as James May. 5th Gear is not in production right now too...

Yeah, thats adds a bit more fuel to speculation fire.

AND...

There was no Stig on TG US last night, could TG UK have imported an American Stig?

4. phydeaux

phydeaux New Member

May 5, 2009
    Maple Valley, WA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are you referring to "last night" as the recap episode? Didn't watch the whole thing, as I've seen them already. ;) There was no Stig in the Alaska Truck episode, either, unless they just didn't highlight the Stig driving the Nissan.

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    My guess is for Tiff.......

6. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    +1 :Thumbsup:

7. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
  8. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    #8 ronnie948, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    This is the "STIG"

If you don't believe me just read the T-shirt.

P1020687.jpg