2nd Gen R56 Cooper Last year for the CVT in a justa!

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by maacodale, Apr 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Okay, here's the deal. The son has an 07 MCS, we have an 09 Clubman S and the daughter wants a MINI. (She's a smart girl!) But for the life of me, I can't talk her into a 6 speed. She does fine driving them, she just doesn't want one. Period!

SO, I've been told 05's had the CVT and 06 was the first year of the non CVT in a justa. Does that sound right?

If I had my way, I'd just grab a nice 05-06 MCS, but she's got a bit of a heavy foot as it is. The insurance took a beating with the boy child. Would rather not relive that, thanks! She'll be hitting a few autocrosses, so that should satisfy her need for speed and help with car control as well. I've been a autocross instructor with several local clubs and I swear, my kids are the hardest students ever! But back to the MINI, What years are safe in a Justa to dodge the CVT?

Thanks!

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    06 and newer, no CVT.

Mark

3. Commander Dan

Commander Dan New Member

May 13, 2009
    Medical Equipment Service
    Alpharetta, GA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ...except for the Cabrios!! (I've got an '07 Justa Cabrio...WITH the CVT!!)

4. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    2006 was the last year for the CVT in the Cooper Hatch, 2007 saw a completely different design in motor and trans (just like the rest of the car).
    It is hit or miss with the CVT...and there isnt one specific golden egg body/trans combo unfortunately.
    Good luck with your search.