M7 Rear Chassis Brace

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by CheckersSD, Mar 17, 2011.

1. CheckersSD

CheckersSD New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Full time student @ UCSD majoring in PoliSci, and
    San Diego, CA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I am selling the M7 Rear Chassis Brace. It is in perfect condition and easy to install, takes less than 20minutes. The rear seats are still able to lock as designed without any change in angle. I am asking $180. This price includes shipping via ground to anywhere in the contiguous United States (lower 48). I need to repair some maintenance items which have forced me to sell this for additionally money. This retail for over $250 new. PM me for more info or if you have questions. Thanks~!

Info from M7: THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK.
    During hard cornering, the MINI is prone to chassis flex that results in poor handling characteristics and the need for the driver to compensate. M7 now offers a way to fix this problem with the M7 Rear Chassis Brace (RCB), one of the additions to the M7 Suspension Solutions line. This modification is perfect for people who want the body of their MINI to be stiffer, but don't want to deal with the fabrication and installation of a roll cage.

Our first installed system impressed the customer so much that he was inspired to call back within 20 minutes of leaving our office with reports of how the brace instantly changed his car's traits. He described how the rear end of the car felt heavier and more planted to the ground, and any kind of fishtailing effect felt done away with. Overall the handling of the car felt tighter and more responsive to the driver's commands.

The M7 Rear Chassis Brace is a great compliment to the immensely popular M7 Under Strut System (USS). Using the two together will give you the best in chassis stiffening without going the route of a roll cage.

Besides the benefit of more predictable handling, the Rear Chassis Brace allows for comfortable use of the rear seats. Unlike a roll cage, there are no harness bars or cross members to remove to allow access to the rear seats. The position of the rear seats is also unaffected!

Going another step further, with some minor modifications you can mount a fire extinguisher (not included) to the RCB. As many weekend track warriors find out, a fire extinguisher is often required by driving event coordinators. By attaching the fire extinguisher to the RCB, you can meet the organization's requirements and have safe and easy access to the fire extinguisher if the need for it arises. This eliminates the need to drill into the floor of the car or worry about not having a roll cage to mount the fire extinguisher. Since fire extinguishers mounted to the RCB are in the boot of the MINI, all passenger space is STILL unaffected by installation and use of the RCB.

Handling without sacrifice of passenger comfort, and a place to mount a fire extinguisher... The M7 Rear Chassis Brace is the perfect addition to the street MINI that sees the track as well.

Please Note: The RCB currently fits only the coupe.

Attached Files:

2. CheckersSD

CheckersSD New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Full time student @ UCSD majoring in PoliSci, and
    San Diego, CA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0