Brakes Wheels 1st Gen Tires MAJOR shout out for Todd/TCE

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by cct1, May 25, 2011.

1. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Posted this on the sewing site, thought I'd cross post here since not everyone cross shops anymore...:wink:

Long story, but I was running a brake kit that I was having major issues getting a new caliper for--it's not a traditional setup, so there aren't a ton of options (This wasn't an issue with the vendor, who did everything humanly possible short of making the caliper himself, but with the manufacturer, who I ended up taking to directly myself. After the third time we were told it shipped, only to have it never arrive, I gave up).

Anyway, Todd stepped up, checked some measurements, and found out a solution that would work with Wilwood calipers (and in the process educated me on a few things along the way, which I really appreciate). Anyway, to make a longer story short, the caliper I need isn't going to be available again for a couple of weeks, maybe longer. I was about to wait, but then I had another setup fall into my lap from a totally unexpected place, and I can get it on the car relatively quick. And I really need to get the brakes on--I can't drive the car at present, and I have a head/header/cam/exhaust/pulley/GP intercooler all ready to be installed, just sitting there because I can't get the damned car into the shop.

Todd was very gracious, despite me costing him a chunk of time. I've never felt so bad about NOT buying something, feel bad about the whole thing....

This is my last shot at 11.75 inch diameter setup; if it fails, I go to a larger diameter rotor, and if that happens, it'll be via TCE....

Flip side is if you have an unusual setup, Todd still may be able to offer you some help--he can hook you up with setups customized different from whats on the webite.

2. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

I bought my last set of 2-piece rotors elsewhere, then I saw his prices and they were much lower, so I'm definitely going through TCE for my next set.

3. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Your hats/hardware will work with those GT rotors Todd stocks...:wink:

4. maxmini

maxmini New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Todd has been putting together all kinds of brake packages for Minis for a longtime and has years of experience in this area. You can't find a better source of info and he is very free with his time as well . Ask him to see a few pics of his Pikes Peak Hill climber . He has one his class on more than one occasion .

Randy

5. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Don't miss out on the specials I put up in the "post AMVIV" posts in the Vendor area if you're in the market! Very cool yellow.

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    TCE is also a sponsor of Savannah Rickli's Pikes Peak Hill Climb MINI.

7. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Still looking for a home for this one!

Wilwood 12.2 kit with matching rear rotor kit.

Complete standard Wilwood 12.2 kit, black calipers, plain finish rotors, all inclusive. PLUS a TCE rear rotor kit with matching Wilwood hats! That's 11.75" of rear rotor to accompany your front kit. AND...these rotors are all zinc plated- including the Fronts which you cannot get from any other vendor. Limited to one unit only. Boxed and shipped tomorrow.

Retail value: $1438 plus shipping.
    Post AMVIV price: $1100 incl. shipping. (usa)