Entertainment Electronics 1st Gen MAS POWER?! What are these...

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by imspencerwithanr53, Nov 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. imspencerwithanr53

imspencerwithanr53 New Member

May 27, 2009
    Barista
    Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    When I pulled the seats out of my '03 R53 this evening i found these three wires leading to!... No where and I would like to know what they do or what they are for. I think an RCA Jack or amplifier.. But I have no idea.

One white wire.
    A red male and a blue male.

They say "MAS POWER" on them...

maspower1.jpg

Thank you,

Spencer

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Since your Garage says you are not the first to enjoy this MINI I'm going to venture to say the previous owner had some sort of aftermarket device under the seat. The RCA's most likely go to the back of the head unit and the other wire leads to a power source. There are so many possibilities that it's hard to narrow it down. Could have been a CD Changer or a Surius tuner. The possible power wire looks to small for an amp. Might also be a lead to tell whatever was there to turn on when the head unit does. Follow them and see where they go.

3. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    it's a pair of RCA's and a 12V trigger to turn an amp on. The trigger has been capped off with a tophat splice since it's live. There's probably power wire somewhere under the carpet too.

When I sold my MINI, I didn't pull the wiring out. I cut it off at the battery, removed the terminal from the battery and cut the RCA's, trigger and power wire off under the seat, leaving wiring under the carpet.

4. imspencerwithanr53

imspencerwithanr53 New Member

May 27, 2009
    Barista
    Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    #4 imspencerwithanr53, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
    Yup it's for an AMP. Thanks everyone for the help. :cornut: