Maybe I shouldn't be driving a red and black car...

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by Curves906, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Curves906

Curves906 New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I think the red and black of my MINI looks like a target to other people. Twice yesterday someone turned left in front of me while I was going through an intersection! I blared the horn while slamming on the breaks and missed both cars by inches!!!! And..... A trash truck decided to pull straight across the road I was driving on and stop so it could back in better when I was within 100 ft of it on a 55 mph road! Another slam on breaks, blare the horn incident. All in less than 30 minutes of driving to and from work!! All the horrible drivers were out in our area yesterday!!

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yup.... You're driving a little box... To the other driver you are not perceived as a motoring threat. I bet none of them would have done what they did if you were coming at them with a big rig. You gotta be on your toes. Thank god it's got "gokart handling", great brakes, built like a tank and has a quadrillion airbags.

3. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    I think MINI should put a semi-style air horn in MINI's to counteract the size and scare the living poo out of offensive drivers who don't pay attention. THAT would be fun... :D

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I have found that Mellow Yellow is a great color. NOBODY can possibly NOT see me coming. :lol:

Jim

5. Curves906

Curves906 New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the first guy that turned in front of me was 1.) the closest call and 2.) completely oblivious to my horn as well! Then again he looked like he was 80 and should not be driving in the first place in his giant Buick, he probably couldn't even hear the horn if it was a semi one lol :)

6. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    With those air horns, you don't hear them as much as "feel" them... LOL! :ihih:

7. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Nah.......there is a world wide lottery and every day they pick out a few names and all day long people try and get you. I drive an average of 100 miles a day for work and every so often the "Let's get Scott day" comes around. Wish they would let me know in advanced so I could prepare........

8. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    By "prepare," you mean mount the .50 cal's and the rocket launcher? :devil:

9. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    You must not live in Florida ******

If you did you would be used to the stupid ignorant drivers that migrate here from idiotdom.

Not only the old people that can't see or hear but the young people texting, eating, dialing their cell phones, and the idiots with their notebook laptops sitting on the steering wheel.

Not to many people in Florida actually pay any attention to their driving. It does not matter how big or how small your car is, nobody is looking at you anyway.

Oh Yea! don't forget about the idiots that have the tinting on their window so dark they can't see out anyway.

The cops are more worried about weather a person has a seatbelt on then what they are doing while driving. They sit along side the roads with the binoculars and love pulling over people without the seatbelt showing across them.

Now the red light cameras, Stop & get hit in the butt because you don't want a ticket. They actually shortened the yellow at the intersections with a red light camera so you are either forced to slam on the brakes or get a ticket mailed to you.
    :mad5::mad5::mad5:

Some day i'll tell you how I really feel !!!!!!!:incazzato:

10. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    I've got a Chili Red and black MCS as well, and I've been considering getting the rear floods for my bumper (sadly they are missing) and hooking them into the brake circuits, plus getting a third light brake flasher as well.

Should help to keep any more SUVs from rear-ending me.

11. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    I thought most of those camera tickets were not enforceable thanks to not being able to prove who is actually driving the car. They can't ticket a car, only a person...

12. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    No rocket launcher.....remember we do drive MINI's.

:Thumbsup:

13. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I would also recommend an M-60. The 50 Cal is very, very heavy. :yesnod:

Jim

14. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Ang if you don't have you DRL on have Robb switch them on for you. It will make you more visible to the older crowd.

15. Curves906

Curves906 New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yep have them on. I think the first guy that turned in front of me is just one of those people that really shouldn't be driving anymore... :(

16. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    There are many of them out there. Glad you are OK & have the reactions of a youngster. :Thumbsup: