Fun & Games @Midnight Hashtag Wars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ccain, Apr 29, 2014.

1. ccain

ccain Active Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    For those of you who don't know, @Midnight is a late night gameshow staring Chris Hardwick on Comedy Central

Here's a link to the Comedy Central site

Here's a link to their Twitter Feed

From their website: "Chris Hardwick leads three celebrity contestants down the ultimate Internet wormhole. Culling from the darkest recesses of social media, they compete to determine who has the funniest take on the day's pop culture."

The best part, however, is the fact that they ask their Twitter followers to engage in the hijinks, in real time, prior to, during and after the show. It's great fun if you're like me and have no life outside the garage late at night. :biggrin5:

Last night's hashtag wars on Twitter was HILARIOUS! The topic was #RuinAMovieQuote.

IMHO It's safe to say, famous geek, actor and fellow MINI owner Wil Wheaton (@wilw) won the hashtag war, hands down with this post (NOTE: Link NSFW due to language):

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/ccain529/ScreenShot2014-04-29at100300AM.png

Other notable tweets were:

"Nobody puts baby in a dumpster!"

"Yippie Kai Yay, Mother Theresa."

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Are you up all night to get lucky? Well, are ya, Daft Punk?"

Tonight's Hashtag War prompt is: #LameOfficeHolidays

If anyone wants to look me up on Twitter you can find me here: @ccain529 (and YES, I am a huge geek and that IS a full size Dalek in my living room. :eek:)

Play along and have fun!