Mini News MINI B-spec Race Kit Pricing Announced

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    #1 Nathan, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

MINI of Charleston has announced official pricing for the B-spec parts package for the R56 MINI Cooper. If you want to go SCCA racing in your MINI, the kit will cost you around $6,000, plus tires and a roll cage. Not a bad deal! This means that even starting with a brand new car, you’re racing for right around $30k.

The total kit price will be in the $6k range, plus tires and cage… which MINI of Charleston can also provide, but pricing has yet to be set. Some of what the kit includes is custom KW V1 suspension, Vorshlag Camber plates, Way Motor Works stainless brake lines, safety window nets, wheels, ECU reflash, air filter, etc.

Of further interest is the MINI’s SCCA-mandated handicap. Because the Cooper would be so much faster than its competition, it’s been restricted at the throttle body by a 33mm restrictor plate (down from 60mm stock). Really? The Fiat 500 is that slow? And while any or all of the parts can be purchased outside the kit, there is a bundling discount, and you will have to prove that the parts you’re using on your B-spec car came from MINI of Charleston.

So who’s ready to race?

Source - Turn 17

MotoringFile

2. JoeyMoto

JoeyMoto New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    awe that soooo rocks. I want one! Hey, come to think of it. My child support stops in May! :beer

3. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Cool to see they used my site as the source for that article! Anyway, I'm excited for this series... allows "regular" people to more easily get into racing. Take your '07-'12 Cooper, add ~$7k worth of mods and go racing!

I plan to buy the daily-driver compatible mods piecemeal, making it easier to jump into the series eventually. Or, if it doesn't work out, I've got a B-Spec-ish car that makes seeing similar cars even MORE interesting. :Thumbsup: