MINI Cooper Bluetooth Hands Free Speaker

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Kikimowse, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Kikimowse

Kikimowse Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me if this item appears elsewhere on this site, it's just that I am so excited to actually be able to finally answer my phone while driving with one touch! MINI Cooper has just released the one touch Alpine Bluetooth speaker. It is sooooo easy to use. I had a Motorola brand that was a bit "workie" and I generally missed the calls. This Alpine model even announces the phone number calling in (if not blocked) so you have the option of choosing to ignore the call if you wish to!

The pairing to my iPhone was a breeze and with the MINI branding, the unit of course continues the MINI look within the cockpit.

This MINI version came out in mid February according to the internet and is available at dealerships and elsewhere. A quick search on the internet provides several buying options. Prices do differ so shop around.

Attached Files:

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Looks like Amazon has a pretty good price for these. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/MINI-Cooper-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Speaker/dp/B004Q73758"]Amazon.com: MINI Cooper Bluetooth Hands-Free Speaker: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rAmdc%2BSEL.@@AMEPARAM@@41rAmdc%2BSEL[/ame]

3. Thunderball Kaboom

Thunderball Kaboom New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I am the Coordinator for a program that provides h
    Live and play in Central Phoenix - Camelback corri
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I purchased one of these in December and it's still running on the original charge (although I turn it on only when I get or make a call - it shuts itself off after 30 minutes of non-use).

I too had no problem pairing it with my iPhone, and people say the call quality is good - much better than my old Motorola unit.

Challenges: It glows when its powered on, which can be annoying at night. Also, even when the car is in the garage (and the unit is powered), it remains paired with my phone in the house - which means that the phone will switch calls over to the car!

4. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Just ordered one yesterday, should have it sometime tomorrow :Thumbsup:

5. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Logistics & Administration