Mini Cooper Corral set for Laguna Seca Sept 7-9, 2012

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Pooper, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

We have set up a Mini Cooper Corral for the Grand-AM/Continental Championship races at Laguna Seca Sept 7-8-9, 2012 in Monterey California. RSR Motorsports will be running their R53 Mini Coopers in the ST Class. This will be the only time they will be competing on the west coast, so please join us to root them on. All MINI/Minis are welcome whether you belong to a club or not. The Continental Tire Championship race will be at 2:30PM on Saturday, prime time to enjoy the weekend. Your tickets including access to the Mini Corral can be purchased through Mazda Raceway at the following weblink:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&team=laguna&selID=87

This is a three (3) day pass and includes admission, grand stand seating, souvenir program and prime parking in the Mini Corral,

For any additional Mini specific information and updates please go to the Shasta Minis event page:

https://www.facebook.com/ShastaMinis#!/events/154103788060380/

or email me at [email protected]

2. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Mini Corral parking on infield (Green Lakebed) #4

3. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    #3 Firebro17, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks for the info and return email Norm. Order placed!!!

4. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for setting up the Mini Corral.
    Months ago I had contacted Laguna Seca about setting up a Mini Cooper corral but was having trouble getting the minimum people committed to buy tickets for LS to provide a corral.
    I will pass the information onto our Central Coast Mini Cooper club members.
    I now will be joining the other Minis at Laguna Seca and cheering for the RSR team.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Funny, got an email today from an intern at the track with a generic message...

6. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    i wish i could go to meet other mini people but that weekend has been claimed by my family already

7. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    We are getting a good response and it looks like we will have a great turnout. This package does give you a $25 savings. But please remember that any passengers will need to buy individual tickets as well. The package covers One Mini corral parking, and one driver entrance to the event only, plus the souvineer program+ Grand Stand seating

8. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    MINI of Charleston to compete 2-MINIs at Laguna

In addition to the RSR Motorsports Team, Brad Davis and his son Robbie will be driving both MINI of Charleston MINIs in the Total Performance Showcase race and will be joining us in the corral for autographs and photos and asks that everyone drop by and visit them in the paddock. Should be a great father/son challenge.

Attached Files:

9. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we can generate some more local interest at this Friday's MCM meeting...

:fingerscrossed::beer

10. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Mini Cooper Corral Ticket purchase Deadlines:

Last day to purchase tickets and have them sent/mailed to you is Friday August 24@ 4PM.

You can purchase online until Monday Sept 3 @ 4PM and have placed at will call where you will need to go to pick them up.

Corral packages CANNOT be purchased at the gate, but you can call the ticket office directly, (831) 242-8200, until Wednesday, September 5 @ 4PM to purchase and have them placed at will call.

Will call is located at the Embassy Suites Hotel 1441 Canyon del Rey Blvd., Seaside, CA 831-393-1115

Each $60 Corral Package includes admission for one person and one MINI Cooper. Any extra passengers will need to purchase admission tickets separately.

11. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Breaking News! We will have the new GP2 2013 on display in the Laguna Seca Mini Corral for the Continental Sports Car Festival Sept 8-9, 2012. This is the Fastest Factory MINI Cooper ever built. I will post more details shortly. Please share this information with all your Mini freinds. This is a pre-production model which will be available next year.

Attached Files:

12. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    The new GPII MINI will be on display in the Mini corral for the exterior viewing only. There will not be any access to the interior an the car has a 95% window tint. The interior is not being revealed until the Official debut at the Paris Auto Show in late Sept. This is the ONLY GPII MINI in the country but approximately 500 will be brought to the USA for Sale.

13. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Pooper (Norm) for coordinating the Mini Corral, getting Chris Knox to the US, and getting the 2013 GP on display for two days. I had a great time. I got to make new friends from the Mini community and enjoyed all the racing events. Here is a photo with about 40 Minis in the Corral.

Attached Files: