MINI COOPER S 2006 WONT START. HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by mad mini motor, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad mini motor

mad mini motor New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    #1 mad mini motor, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    Hello everyone,

my mini cooper s wont start i have tried to jump start it also with extra battery to the front and the back with a car i have re charged the battery, i drove the car on reserve for a long distance as i was lost and couldmt find the nearest petrol station, my dad said because i was driving it on reserve the dirt in the bottom of the tank could have gone into the fuel pump and blocked it. it has done 112k miles the engine turns but it wont fire. i have check the fuses and they are fine and i have also checked for any loose wiring and the relay. can anyone please help me asap ?

THANKS ALOT ALL !

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: No help here but start checking back around 0800hrs when the gear heads start checking in.:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    Not a gear/motor head here, but running low or even out of fuel can cause problems like you are experiencing. It's a high pressure system and fuel pumps have been known to burn out. I know it's no help now but something to keep in mind as long as you continue to drive, is a rule of thumb pilots live by; it is always better to burn off the top half of a tank than the bottom.

4. BlwnAway

BlwnAway Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    Gearhead 101: Spark / Fuel
    After what you've said that you've already done;
    Turn the key on without trying to start it, you should be able to hear the fuel pump, it will be very faint and be coming from under the back seat.
    Next, (no matter if you've heard the pump or not, pull a spark plug, connect the wire to it, turn the car over & see if you get spark. (if not it is an electrical problem / if so, replace the plug & wire, then....)
    Pull the I/C & check the bleeder on the fuel rail for pressure, if there's none, fuel pump or power to it, if there is, bleed it off completely, (catch the fuel with something) go back & turn the car ON (only, do not try & start it,), leave the key on for a min. or so, turn it off, go back & check if you've re-pressurised the system, if so it's def. not the pump.

5. mad mini motor

mad mini motor New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    hi blwn away , i cant hear the fuel pump will defo try this today, and get back to this thread and share my success or failure with the car. thanks

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    This is duplicated in this thread, closing this one.