MINI Gets caught in N.E. Flooding

Discussion in 'Weird MINI News' started by Nathan, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The red Mini Cooper in the distance had been driving south until the water grabbed it and turned it north. The driver climbed out into knee-deep water.

The Padanaram Brook took five cars, two trailers and a truck at the Danbury Police Department, a red Mini Cooper on Padanarm Road, and it filled basements on Barnum Court and Patch Street.

"We've been here 40 years. This is pretty amazing," said Jeff Jennings of Jennings Oil, 30 East Franklin St. Jennings moved trucks away from Padanaram Brook, which was out of its banks both below and above the oil company's property, as well as out of its banks at the oil company. "We're just waiting for it to receed."

Jennings explained what happened Thursday as a very quick, very heavy rain storm. Weather forecasters said six inches of rain hit Danbury. It fell on the wet ground surrounding the Padanaram Brook on Route 37 and on North Street, and it over-filled the brook.

"It comes up really quick," Jennings said.

Source - Padanaram Brook, Unseen Mostly, Ran Amuck Through Downtown Danbury - Danbury, CT Patch

2. HRM

HRM New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    That's one way to get out of your lease.

3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I'd be real careful with what I'd buy if I was looking for a used car in the near future. There are going to be some real lemons entering the market.

Be looking for a fish in the glove box as the first sign......

4. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    looks like someone came prepared though...dude already has his boat ready! The MINI just wants to be on a boat!