Mini Paceman, the Countryman’s less ugly sister

Discussion in 'MINIs in Other Media' started by Steve, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Fashionable and funky, the new Mini is a global automotive sensation, and rightly so; it looks good, drives brilliantly and the build quality justifies its price. BMW had no intention of leaving the brand alone though, and has subsequently rolled out several variations on the theme, including the cool Rocketman and Clubvan concepts.

From those vehicles that have made it to dealer forecourts, the Countryman is perhaps the strangest. For a vehicle named Mini, it’s big, and despite good genes, it’s ugly too. Yes, it’s practical, but those are looks only a mother could love.

But the Countryman has been to the gym, grabbed itself some new threads, and hit the streets as the Mini Paceman, the latest Mini to be announced and a coupe version of the Countryman. It’s not the first time we’ve seen the Paceman, as it has been part of the company’s plan for a while, and several leaked shots have given us a basic idea of what it will look like.

Read more: Mini Paceman, the Countryman's less ugly sister car, is now official and coming in March 2013 | Digital Trends

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I love the title of this thread. :D:Thumbsup:

3. r56mook

r56mook New Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Much better look......but I threw practicality out the window a long time ago

4. sparke1975

sparke1975 New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think they should do a roadster remake to the Paceman. Or maybe a pickup...

5. rideerr

rideerr New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Forest, VA
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Getting to look a lot more like a lot of other european cars.